I told you yesterday that Friday night I worked my first concert. Had such a very fun night and wanted to share with you some of the highlights of the evening!!
The concert was at a church in Fort Wayne and featured
Laura Story and the
David Crowder Band. Laura has lots of great songs. (Did you know she wrote
"Indescribable?" As in the song Chris Tomlin made famous?) I like several of her songs, but her current big hit,
"Blessings," strikes a chord with me because after the heartbreak I went through last year, I feel like it is a song I could have written. You know, if I could write songs. So I was very excited that she was part of this concert tour.
Crowder and his band are on their farewell tour, so this was my first and last opportunity to see them!

The station had a table, so before the concert began, I helped organize the stuff on the table. I didn't have a hanging
name tag, so I decided to borrow Ken's. In return, he borrowed my regular
name tag (that I didn't even know I had!). Anyway, this is Ken! (Since you're still taking a tour of people I work with.) He stops by my office to visit me and usually makes me laugh while he's there. I like friends who make me laugh. :)

And this is Amy! Amy is one of my lunch buddies...and after I'd been hired, but before I actually started working, she was the first person to email me and welcome me. I knew I was going to love her from that very moment - and she's just as wonderful in person as she was in that email.

We stayed at the table to meet people until shortly before the concert began, and then Ken, Ron, Jim and I went into this little cubbyhole, commonly known as backstage!

This would be when I started to pray fervently. This is a LOT OF PEOPLE TO STARE AT YOU!!!! We represented the station on stage to talk about upcoming concerts, throw freebies into the crowd, and introduce Laura Story.

It was while we waited there that I got a chance to talk to Laura for a couple of seconds! She had been at the station earlier that afternoon but I'd not gotten to meet her and I really wanted to at least say hi. So while she pilfered for a bottle of water, I said hi! She was very sweet.
Jim introduced all of us and no one threw anything at me, so I called that a good day. In that bag were about a dozen t-shirts, which I SUCCESSFULLY threw into the crowd. My pitching arm is better than I knew!

I was very sad to not get many good pictures of Laura, but her part of the concert was short,
comparatively speaking, and I wasn't even in there for part of it. Anyway, this is Laura!

She shared a little about the story behind "Blessings," which is a song born out of prayers she offered up while her husband was battling a brain tumor. During the concert, she told us some of the funny stories from that time too - some of those "you have to laugh or you'll cry" sorts of things.

After intermission...
Crowder took the stage!

The crowd was very worshipful while he was there - and I think this was my favorite picture of the entire night.

His musicians were good...those guitar guys could tear it up!

The whole band. (Well, one of the guys is hiding over to the right behind
someone's head, but he's really there. I promise.)

David told a few stories of his own.

My favorite part of their segment was this part where they sort of sounded like
TSO. Lots of violin and pop sounds. Very cool.

Best part of the whole night was getting to share it with my friend, Jessica! She was one of the Financial Aid student workers a few years back. She came over to my house every week to watch American Idol with me! She still lives around and I knew she loved
Crowder...and she's a concert JUNKIE...so I invited her to join me!

I also got to meet someone who reads my blog - and I didn't even know her! That made my whole night. (Bless your hearts...you people who don't know me and still show up here to read. I'll do my best to keep you entertained!)
4 comments:
Bekah ~ It was great to meet you on Friday night! And I love reading your blog...glad it made your night, though afterwards I thought maybe it would creep you out...thanks for not being creeped out! :)
Oh heavens no - I was so not creeped out! I was going to give you a by-name shout out today - because I really did remember your name, but then I wasn't sure how to spell it!! And as a girl who has lived her whole life with a commonly misspelled name, I didn't want to do that to you! So thanks for helping me out there. LOVED meeting you - for real! :)
COOL!! Looks like you had fun :)
I did! It was the start to a very good weekend!
Post a Comment