* Tuesday evening I went out to dinner with my mentor, Lara. We really hadn't had time to spend talking since my birthday back in May. She took me to a new Japanese restaurant here in Marion (boy there's a sentence I never thought I'd write). It was really wonderful. Hands down BEST crab rangun I've ever had in my life. And she said I ate seaweed. (Can I count that as a vegetable?) Proof that anything tastes good drowned in enough sauce!
* Wednesday was another first at work...my first day of Friendraiser! The station needed to raise money to help cover some unexpected costs...so they had Friendraiser. Most of the day, I was in the phone room ready to take pledges:
And during the Mid-Morning hour, I was in the studio with Lynne and Ross helping read pledges on the air...which was much fun! (And may I also just mention...love the food that descends upon the station during Friendraiser!!)* Thursday was the conclusion to Friendraiser. I was much more comfortable in the phone room the second day, and I found it was great fun to get to hear more of my co-workers' stories during the breaks. (Sheryl and Scott are in this picture...Sheryl is one of my lunch buddies, and Scott is on the air in the afternoons.)
* Friday night...worked my first concert! Laura Story and David Crowder were in concert in Fort Wayne, and I was part of the station team working that night. More on that to come, of course (like you could get out of such a story), but just to get started...here's what it looked like from the backstage door. Pretty cool, huh?
And after the concert was over...I drove to the LAKE!!* Saturday I spent the whole day at the lake with Ronda. I have SO missed her and it was wonderful to have an entire day to just hang out with her. More on this later, too, but this is a sneak peek at my BOAT RIDE!
Favorite God Moment of the Whole Week: I think my favorite moment was yesterday. ALL of yesterday. Earlier in the week, one of the ladies at work shared with me an analogy she heard Angela Thomas give once...about drinking up more of Jesus in the moments when you feel thirsty. And yesterday was one big gulp fest for me. Being at the lake...making new memories to replace ones that still hurt so deeply...hearing God whisper to my heart because I was actually sitting STILL enough to listen...hearing Sue Ann talk for a while...all those things really boosted me in a way I'd not experienced in a while!
Update on Last Week's Goals: It was every bit as busy as I thought, but I did take some moments in the car to sit still and listen to the Lord...and then there was the day at the lake...yes, it was a definite success!
Goals for the Coming Week: It's the return of The Biggest Loser!! And in honor of that, I am working on finding a new workout routine that works for me. I'm facing the end of the outside workout days, both because of daylight issues and temperature issues. And I no longer have gym privileges since I left the school. I have several workout DVD's - but I need to find a rotation that works. So that's my goal for this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment