The last two days have been another first for me in the world of my new job!
WBCL is a listener-supported station, and this year there were several unexpected expenses that popped up, so we had what we call "
Friendraiser." Two days of raising funds - and getting to hear encouraging (and occasionally tear-inducing) stories from our listeners.
One of the unexpected expenses this year was the need for a new furnace. The morning team demonstrated what this winter would have looked like without said furnace:

Side note - these guys are SO FUNNY. Larry is on the left, and he's the news guy. My favorite story he's reported so far was this week. (I'm not laughing at the situation...merely the phrasing.) "Dr.
Dobson is in the hospital after falling while horseback riding. He is listed in stable condition." (Get it?) Anyway. Then Phil is in the middle and Jim is on the right. Phil and Jim are always still in the studio when I come in to engineer and they make me laugh every single day.
The days actually started with
Dunkin' Donuts and coffee but I failed to take a picture. (I was THAT hungry.) Then I went into the phone room for an hour to take calls. This was my very first one.

Do you notice how close that coffee cup is? And that I once again look like a Life-Alert operator? "Don't worry, Mrs. Smith. The paramedics are on their way."
Then I went into the studio to help on the air during the
Mid-Morning hour. This is the lovely (truly lovely inside and out) Lynne Ford that I work with each day.
Part of my job this week was to hep set up for our lunches...the super duper
Friendraiser salad bar! YUMMY!!!!!

This is me on the air Thursday - I should have used the more flattering headphones!
LOL! I was unaware that my outfit sported the school colors of Lynne's high school...until I walked in Thursday morning and Ken sang the fight song for me. Guess I shouldn't wear that again, huh? :)

Thursday afternoon we got a GREAT treat!
YOYO (Yogurt On Your Own) brought us cups of yogurt and toppings. I had a little festival of chocolate going on in mine.
Fantabulous.
Friendraiser was scheduled to run until 6 pm on Thursday, but at 3:30, we reached our goal!! This was Cindy's first time to ever reach a fundraising goal since she'd worked there, so I had to take a picture. She was pretty excited!!

My favorite part was that we all gathered in the studio when Ross announced on the air that we'd made it to the goal. Pretty cool that he included everyone. I love these people and I love being part of their team!

While it's obviously great that we raised the money we needed so the morning guys don't have to wear coats in the studio...it was also a great boost to my faith to be reminded that God meets
needs. And He'll do the same for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment