Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's the Weekly Recap!

*Sunday I had computer woes. I spent the majority of the afternoon sacked out in the fat chair enjoying my second biggest time waster ever...surfing online for vacation destinations. I'm not sure if my computer overheated (it gets really hot sometimes) or what, but it shut down. After much prayer and several attempts, it restarted, but it failed to auto-recover the four hours worth of work I'd done Friday night. I elected not to get mad about it...nothing I could do anyway. Lesson learned in SAVING.

* Monday I enjoyed every last minute of my holiday. I already posted about it, but I got to hold a baby, eat Panera for lunch, and go shopping, shopping, SHOPPING!!! It was such a perfectly wonderful day. I'm sorry it took me eleven years to experience the joy that is Labor Day!

* Tuesday I got to join Lynne for a whole show! It was so fun! We did a show on our favorite quotes - and I also had my first on-air tears. Good grief. I knew that particular quote was a risky one to try out loud but I THOUGHT I could get through it. I thought wrong. But I dearly loved the show. And that night I got to have dinner with my friend Jenny. Have I mentioned how much I miss her? (Here's something YOU all missed...and you should be glad. As we were saying goodbye in the IHOP parking lot...the wind and my skirt created a Marilyn Monroe-esque moment. WOOPS!)

* Wednesday I donned my best Opie Taylor look and went to work. Don't believe me??
While at work, I played receptionist for half a day. My fifteen year theory that the receptionist is the most important, least thanked, and hardest working individual in any given office was solidified yet again. Oh Diane...how DO you remember all those things every day? You are my hero!

*Thursday was my first sticker stop at work. I already posted about it, but I'd just like to say again that I LOVE MY JOB!!! It was so fun to get to hang out with the girls and meet people...and wear a hat! Super long work day - but super fun! * Friday started out rough. I had bedhead hair (after freshly washing it...NOT GOOD), got stuck behind a school bus, didn't have my face on when I got to work...you get the picture. But it improved! :) I got to have pizza and Bible study with Marie after work, and we had the BEST talk. And in random news - I think I "arrived." Have you heard of Pinterest? My cheesy tortellini post was pinned! Shut right up!

* Saturday was a writing day!! I've not had time or inspiration to write since my Brown County Writing Retreat with Rachel this past June, but somehow this week, I got some ideas! So I scheduled a writing day (treating it like a "real appointment" in my day planner) and after my morning manicure, I made coffee and hunkered down with my computer and my thoughts! And then I got up and cooked...chicken lasagna that was SO GOOD you'll be seeing it here. Made a yummy dessert you'll see this week...and a batch of peanut butter cookies for Phats. :)

Books I'm Reading: Not much time to read this week. I did read in Jesus Calling and also started Renee Swope's new book, A Confident Heart.

Favorite God Moment of the Whole Week: I've been feeling pretty distanced from God lately, and one night I shot out a (truly pathetic) prayer of desperation about a situation that was hurting my heart. In the grand scheme of life, it doesn't matter at all. In the history of my prayers, it probably goes right up there in stupid-ness along with praying for fog delays when I was in high school. But God answered me in about an hour, and it was just such a boost to me - to know He IS listening and He DOES care - even about the stupid stuff.

Update on Last Week's Goals: Well...I did it! I made it through all the new things at work last week without completely falling apart! Only cried once and that had a root cause of exhaustion, which was SO not work's fault. I got through my two on-air days without wanting to throw up, I survived pretending to be the receptionist, I enjoyed the sticker stop...a good week!

Goals for the Coming Week: Part of my God-disconnectedness (like that word?) stems from lack of effort on my part. I get caught up in the busyness that is my life and I don't take the time with Him that I should. This coming week will be every bit as work-busy as last week, so my goal is to make concerted time to spend with Him.

2 comments:

Phats said...

YAY peanut butter cookies!!!

Are you just randomly slapping a sticker on that car?? because if so that is awesome!!!

Bekah said...

LOL NO!!!!! They asked for the sticker. :)

Enjoy the cookies!