Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Shafferland Shuffle

Don't panic, but you have a WEEK until Christmas!!! While you deep-breathe about that, take a peek at our adventures from this week!

* Well, we intended to be home when we woke up last Sunday morning, but thanks to icy roads, it didn't happen. We woke up in a hotel room near Cincinnati and hopped in the car to drive the last 170 miles home. We looked awful and smelled worse, but we were home! Braeya was excited to see us and so so so mad at us for being gone. (We are actually still paying for that.)
* Monday morning we were back to working out. Gotta get rid of vacation gut, right? Ohhhhhh it hurt! I felt it for days! Braeya sobbed most of the day and would only be comforted by our laps or sitting on the Sherpa blanket near me in the office while I got back to the daily routine. We ran a bunch of errands that night, including ordering a cake for my sister's retirement party. I would like the record to show that this cake was in our refrigerator for one day and I did not sneak so much as a swipe of icing. Willpower, baby!
* Mom had a therapy appointment on Tuesday, and I'd not seen her since before vacation, so I went! I also made a Christmas gift scrapbook for Ryan's grandma (she doesn't do blogs, so she won't see this) and it turned out really well! And that night, we met up with about half our small group for a Christmas dinner. We had a great time - hadn't seen most of them for about a month, so we enjoyed swapping stories!
* Wednesday I updated all the photos on our gallery wall, and I replaced our wedding canvas with the pallet picture Ryan gave me for our anniversary. I had my first ever green smoothie and discovered I actually like them! And we had a much-needed night at home that evening. Braeya agreed.
* I spent most of Thursday editing a podcast and getting steps. (Our insurance decided to start a two week step challenge, and the first week fell during the height of our vacation driving. Of course. So we came home behind and we have walked and run SO MUCH this week trying to make up for lost time.) I was so sore after that, so sitting in front of the tree was in order!
* Friday night, we went on our Christmas light gallop. LOL! We had two little parks here in Kokomo, so we got coffee and drove through both, and then we went to visit our Pheebs and her people. We had coffee with them and spent some quality time with our part-time girl!
* Ryan worked yesterday, so I made him a peppermint trifle cheesecake, because I thought he deserved a reward! And then last night we went out with my carpool kiddos and had so much fun. We took them Christmas shopping for their mom, took them out to eat (McDonald's) and then brought them back to our house to help them wrap their gifts and watch Christmas movies. We all had a huge blast!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a busy post vacation week! Love you took your carpool kiddos out!!

Charity said...

Ohhh I cannot WAIT to hear the podcast with stories from shopping with the carpool kiddos!!!!!