Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas from Shafferland!

Well it is indeed a white Christmas here in the Midwest, which is news that feels far less delightful as an adult with places to travel than it did as a child without a care in the world. But for all you who wished/possibly prayed for a white Christmas, congratulations! :)

I know everyone is busy with things far more important than blogs today, so I won't keep you long, but I wanted to show you some Christmas fun Ryan and I had last night! (Disclaimer: I am currently in a season of hating my hair, so I like about NONE of the photos that have been taken so far this Christmas, including all the ones you're about to see.)

ANYWAY. We had never done a gingerbread house before, and I guess technically we still haven't. We found this gingerbread camper at the store the other day and it was pretty cheap, so we thought it might be fun to do!
Unfortunately we did not read the instructions until we sat down to do this thing on Christmas Eve at 10 p.m. so we didn't know you're supposed to do the actual assembly part 3-4 hours ahead of decorating. Whoopsie.

We also thought it might be terribly inconvenient to decorate a standing piece, especially for a couple of rookies with no talent, so we decided to each decorate a side like a plain cookie and call it a day.

Rebels.


We worked very hard...one of us following the box directions exactly and the other getting a little wild and creative.




 Annnnnnd our finished products!
So we learned we should probably not quit our day jobs, but we sure had a blast making our little gingerbread camper pieces!!


So merry Christmas from a rather amateurishly decorated Shafferland. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas day! :)

3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Gingerbread camper!! LOVE it!!

Shari said...

Super cool idea, the camper project, that is!! Love it! Good job! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Good job. Merry Christmas!
Odie