Is peculiarities even a word? It didn't give me a red squiggly line, so I guess it is!
First things first...we have a very special episode of Spill the Beans this week! Our ode to five years of marriage, right here. ENJOY!
So here's the scoop, my dear people. My blogging brain is a bit fried right now. I want to tell you all about our anniversary fun, but I've not had a chance to properly edit my pictures, and you know I can't share improperly edited pictures. It will never do.
So for today, I'm going to share some of the crazy peculiarities of our adventures. Tomorrow we'll walk a figurative mile, and then if any of you have a moving topic for me to write about on Thursday, will you be a dear friend and share it in the comments? By the end of Thursday, I should be good to go on those pictures. If you can just help me do the heavy lifting for that one day, I'd be ever so grateful.
Okay. So here are a couple of funnies for you from our recent adventures. Stories to make you shake your head.
Number One.
We went out to eat one evening, and the hostess took us to a table that was literally bumping up against the bar. We didn't want to keep being hit (even accidentally) by the people behind us, so Ryan asked if we could move to another table. The room was well over half empty, so we didn't think it would be a big deal, but it was as though we had asked the hostess to climb Everest without training for it first. I have never seen such heavy sighing, eye-rolling, shoulder-slumping, and foot-trudging alllllllllll the way over to the new table a whopping ten feet away.
I was petrified she would spit in our food. We didn't even have our food yet when she pulled the same stunt on another party. They asked to move one table over. A literal side-step. And there it went again. Sighing, eye-rolling, shoulder-slumping, foot-trudging. She must not be desperate for Fitbit steps. :)
Number Two.
On our anniversary, we stopped in a little coffee shop we'd never been to before. It was so cute on the inside. Just darling. There was only one employee, and he had the personality of a cup. I stepped up to order and said with much joy (because hello, it was both our anniversary and a coffee shop) "I'd like a caramel macchiato, and could I have skim milk, please?"
He stared at me and said, "Do you even know what's in a caramel macchiato?"
I didn't even know what to do with that. I nodded, and he said, "It's espresso, just a little bit of milk, and foam." In my mind I was thinking, Yes...and I'd like that little bit of milk to be skim please.
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess my milk was full-fat. And possibly contaminated in ways I don't want to consider.
So there you go! A couple of peculiarities from our adventures!
Now you tell me...what should I tell you about on Thursday?
4 hours ago

6 comments:
oy! People (0:
how about a semi-brainless post - compile a list of your fav holiday recipes/traditions, etc...
You could write about your favorite Christmas and/ or birthday presents as a child and/ or as an adult. You could write about some unique presents you've given. I think you wrote one year around Christmas time, you didn't have money to buy all of your loved ones presents so you wrote something for each of them as a gift. You could elaborate on that- the general topic(s) of which you wrote, your family member's reactions, etc.
Yes, a favorite Christmas recipe would be nice.
Or, how about a list of your favorite websites, blogs, etc.? Favorite Christian blogs, favorite home décor blogs, favorite cooking blogs, etc.
Maybe a "get-to-know-you" similar to what you did for Fall but for Christmas? Like this one - http://lisapace.com/2007/12/a-few-getting-to-know-you-christmas-questions/
I was thinking Christmas recipes that you simply must make or it isn't Christmas for you. That could also be expanded into other traditions. Or alternately, if that is too much to pull together, you could give us a list of the five best coffee shops overall in Indiana--when evaluated on staff + product.
OK, I vote for all of the above!! Mostly, I can't wait to hear about your anniversary celebration!! :)
Post a Comment