One.
Do you have a plan yet for your 2018 devos/quiet time/whatever you call it? I didn't have one until this week, when I stumbled upon this chronological reading plan from She Works His Way. I've never done this and know it's a LOT to do in one year, but I think I want to try! (I think Ryan may be doing it too, but I'm not entirely sure.) I like this one because you can print it out and check off each day as you do it. Things that make my day planner happy...
Two.
I will not lie to you: the mere thought of getting rid of any book makes me sick to my stomach. It's the author in me. I know that my own book could be on the chopping block in someone else's home, and I don't want that for other authors in our home. But the truth is, if I don't do something sometime, we're eventually going to have to build on to our house to make room for my book collection. I've read many articles on how to pare down, but I think this one has some of the best (and realistic for emotionally attached readers) suggestions.
Three.
If you're looking for a New Year's Day activity, and you're from Indiana, here's a link to the list of New year's Day hikes. Ryan and I did one a couple of years ago and while we probably wouldn't do that particular hike again, I think the whole concept is fun, and there are MANY to choose from! (Free outdoor exercise on a holiday is never a bad thing.)
Four.
Have you heard of/learned about hygge? I somehow just recently stumbled upon the term on Pinterest and have been reading up on it extensively. (If you're lost, it's a Scandinavian term that doesn't have an exact English translation, but it basically means coziness and warmth.) I loved this article I read that explains why this should be important even from a Christian perspective!
Five.
I'm a memory-maker, and I do some of my best memory-making with a camera in my hands. But I'll tell you what...it gets rough sometimes to try to include people when they hate how they look in every single picture. And I do get it. I redo pictures often because I hate the way I look in them! This article (though startling in title) has some really helpful information on looking your best in a photograph. Some of it I knew, but there were some new ideas for me in here as well! (Also, at the end, some great reminders about knowing the truth/difference between hating the way you look in a photo and just flat out hating yourself.)
Six.
How is it possible that on a holiday week, I had no time to read a book? But I didn't! So I guess my book reading for 2017 has officially come to an end. Hope you've found a gem or two among the finds I shared with you this year! And in place of my normal book review, I'll give you the link to my January Pinterest board, where I've started collecting some things that might be helpful in the month of January.
4 hours ago






2 comments:
I love the concept of hygge!
Happy New Years!!
I really like your picture of you two in Shafferland.
Thank you for your posts this year. I have not read all of them, but have enjoyed many and have learned from them, been introduced to new ideas, authors, other blogs, and so much more.
Wishing you and Ryan a wonderfully filled and blessed 2018.
Gaylene
Post a Comment