You guyyyyyyyyyyys!! You saved my post for today! You all had great ideas, so now I have posts for days to come, which is AMAZING. Thank you!!
I thought I'd do this one first. Thanks, Jenni, for the link! :) I would put pictures with it, but alas, my computer has limped its way to slow death and my new one doesn't have the whole collection of pictures loaded on it yet, so just imagine, okay?
Without further ado, I present to you my Christmas-get-to-know-you-fun!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I purchase it after Christmas for (preferably) 80% or 90% off and then build a whole Christmas theme around it. (Bonus fun fact: when I made my own hand-stamped Christmas cards, I also coordinated them with the paper theme for the year.)
2. Real tree or artificial? One real and the rest are artificial. I'd never had a real tree until Ryan and I got married, and we decided to get a real one each year as one of our traditions.
3. When do you put up the tree? Normally the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year I did it the weekend before.
4. When do you take down the tree? I usually try to leave it up as long as possible, but I do like to have it down by new year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? I do not, but Ryan does!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a niece for my 11th Christmas. It's hard to beat that!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? I do! It's super cute; it's like a children's Christmas pageant. Someday I'd love to have Willow Tree version, too!
8. Hardest person to buy for? I think probably all of our parents...not because they're picky, but because they have most everything they need, and we don't always want to get them the same gift cards.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Anyone who gives me a list! :)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I (honestly!) can't think of a fail.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL!! And apparently even the post office is amazed when people buy stamps in bulk at Christmas. Ryan said they could not figure out why he needed so many at once. I said, "It's December! Hello!"
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Anything on Hallmark!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally Ryan and I do a Saturday shopping date and knock it out all in one day. This year, because of our busy Christmas season, I ended up doing it all online. I have never done that before!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so!
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Iced sugar cookies and my Mom's homemade chocolate candies.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have clear on all but one of our trees. I like having both!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night - David Phelps, of course.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It's kind of lovely that the majority of our family lives close and we can stay home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Only if I sing the song?
20. Angel or star on the tree top? Neither! A red glittery S!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Morning! (Well, with each other. We have family Christmases many days in a row.)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the strong opinions about everything. It seems like if someone enjoys a tradition/song/fill-in-the-blank that you hate, there has to be an argument.
23. What is the silliest family tradition you do (or miss doing)? My Grandma started a tradition of taking pictures of each family as they walked in the door on Christmas. She rarely had the camera turned on correctly and we would all have to pause and wait for her to figure it out. We still do this now with my mom taking the picture (and pausing while she figures out her phone). Also....trying to sneak a picture of someone bent over under the tree. Ten points for capturing the most unflattering pose!
24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? I can't think of one! I think I love all Christmas decorations?
25. Which looks best: theme trees or homey trees? I love a good theme tree, but I also love a homey tree!
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar with LOTS of icing.
27. Do you like fruitcake? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
So there you go!! Hope you had fun reading! More posts to come based on your suggestions. THANK YOU!!!!
4 hours ago
4 comments:
That was fun!
My mom used to make the BEST fruitcake! Her fruitcake might have made you a fan, lol. Fun list!
Yay!! This was so fun. I loved reading all of your answers and was nodding along in agreement with a great deal of them :) Hallmark Christmas Movies are my JAM as well. We generally leave our decoration ups until Epiphany (Jan 6th - the REAL 12 days of Christmas ;) )
So glad you decided to do this list--and I totally agree, your mom's chocolates are one of my favorite Christmas eats!! Lois
Post a Comment