* Last Sunday, we attended our nephew's baby dedication. He slept through the entire thing {which is probably every pastor's dream}, and we enjoyed the chance to see Ryan's family and have lunch together with them after the dedication. And then we came home for a long nap, IN BED. {It's a serious nap when you go to the trouble to unmake the bed, right?} I'm not sure I've ever been so grateful for a day of rest in all my life.
* I spent Monday catching up on computer work; it turns out that working on a house/move for two weeks puts you SEVERELY behind on your computer work. So I go that caught up, which made me feel so much better. When Ryan got home from work, we went back to the Marion house to clean it from top to bottom. Our friend Ronda came to help, and we were so grateful for her, because without her help, we would have been there until almost midnight, I'm sure. Kind of sad to see the place so empty, but at the same time, continually excited for the chapter ahead of us.
* Tuesday night, we had our first dinner guests at our new house! The place isn't even remotely ready for such things as entertaining, but when you have friends who are moving away, you overlook things like boxes and undecorated walls and serve things like hot dogs and chips - and you focus on the goodness of the company instead of the perfection {or lack thereof} of the house. We had the greatest night playing with the kids and laughing and telling stories! The first of many such times, we hope, for this house!
* The first week we were here at the house, the weather was so warm and sunny...windows open every day...and then winter seems to have returned ever since. Wednesday was a cold, windy, rainy day, and of course it was errand running day for me. But I got everything knocked out in no time and that night, Ryan and I got the attic all organized. {Yes, we are such nerds that things like attic organization make us much happier than they should.}
* Thursday I worked on all kinds of computer organization projects, and Braeya was so bored by it that she curled up next to me to sleep the entire time. Ryan came home from work sick {another sinus debacle...this is three too many for the man who never gets sick} and rested most of the evening. I was on my own for the workout...and man was it a rough one!!
* Friday morning, we took a little road trip since I spoke at a conference this weekend. And oh yes, that is SNOW we drove through on APRIL THE EIGHTH!! WHAT?!?!?!?!? We weren't overly thrilled about that part. But the trip was good and I even got to meet Lindsay Sherbondy of Lindsay Letters. I'd interviewed her back when I worked at the station and wanted to visit her little shop!
* Yesterday was the conference, and it was such a joy to be part of this event! I spoke in two sessions and was thankful for the group God put together to attend. I was so excited to have Ryan with me throughout the day {although I did question some of his methods during the setup session!!} I can't wait to tell you more about all this! :)
7 hours ago








5 comments:
It's still snowing and cold here - I am wearing my winter coat more this month than last!!
You guys are working so hard lately!
YAY you guys are such a TEAM. Isn't it so cool that God brought you together and it's so so cool that you work as a team. LOVE THAT.
I am a nerd but just got the hang of this coffee thing. Did you know I have never drank an entire cup of coffee in my entire life? (sipped, yes, whole cup, no) and this morning... yes! Added almond milk. Made a huge diff. I was trying to drink it black all this time.
still much prefer coffee ice cream of course. : )
Also... did you see Annie Downs new book Looking for Lovely? I got up at 5:15 to read it! So so good.
AND! (see too much to tell ya!!) I found some workouts on line for FREE called TMac fitness. He is a Christian and they are all 20 minutes and had me dripping sweat this morning. So if you ever want to change it up, you can try them! Holy moly! I loved that he prayed at the end of todays class.
Happy sunday friend! Coffee'd, worked out, showered, banana in belly, now church! and NAP after.
XOXO
Can't wait to hear all about yesterday's conference
Tamar - You guys got WAYYYYYY too much snow. BRING SPRING!!!
Polly - you make me smile so much!! :) I was so proud of you with that Keurig in that picture!! :) I did see that Annie had a new book but I've not read it yet! :)
Odie - Recap coming soon!
Our April (and early May, for that matter) was crazy. I also get excited about organizing spaces -- like our basement -- so I totally hear you on the attic organization excitement!
Post a Comment