Never having moved before, I had no idea what to expect in terms of how long it should take to clean, paint, demo, repair, move in, unpack, and settle in a new house. I was fairly confident that Ryan and I would push ourselves way too hard, way too fast to get it done, and I am pretty sure I've been right about that. And it's still not done. Still many finishing touches to go. {The curse of two perfectionists married to each other.}
We have such hopes for this house. We want to invite people in and love on them and let them know they are safe and welcome here.
But it's hard for two perfectionists to do that before all the decorating is done.
We didn't plan to have anyone over quite so soon. But when you have friends who are about to move, your options are to invite them into your imperfect home or miss out on a chance to see them one last time altogether.
So we grilled hot dogs and chicken, opened chips and steamed some veggies, gathered around our new table with mismatched drinking cups marking our places, and we enjoyed our friends.
{Ryan's first chance to grill at the new house!}
When your house is under construction and you don't have kids, these things become the best toys:
He was so fascinated by the bubbles in there!
And this one was just content with leftover Easter eggs!!
Ryan squeezed in an extra workout:
Speaking of squeezing....we squeezed in for a selfie stick photo:
Sometimes you can't wait to eat just because photo shoots are underway:
And sometimes you've just got to show off that you got your own special dinner of peaches!
This girl has been such a dear friend in the last couple of years. How thankful I am for all the faces - Facebook, FaceTime, you name it - that will allow us to keep connected!
Because seriously - how can you not want to watch this cutie grow up???
It was an imperfectly hosted night that ended all too quickly, but I am thankful for such lovely memories of our first official hosting in our new home. Excited to welcome many more people over for meals and coffee and TV nights and whatever else.
6 hours ago

4 comments:
So glad you had your first guests over! To many more!
MANY more!! :)
Fun memories!
Hosting in the midst of chaos is sometimes the best kind of hosting! Way to go for doing it and for not allowing the imperfection of the space keep you from creating the memories.
Post a Comment