Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunrise and Sunset

I love sunsets at the lake.

When I go visit, I almost always get to take a slow boat ride at sunset.

The sun is gorgeous over the water...


But this weekend I had the chance to see something different.


Sunrise.
I didn't have my camera with me, and I'd already disturbed the living room dwellers enough getting outside to begin with, so I didn't go back for it.
I couldn't sleep, so Saturday morning, I tiptoed as best I could out the door and settled on the porch.
It was completely dark when I got out there, but the mosquitoes were hard at work. I quit counting at 30 bites. (Didn't grab the insect repellent and there was no going back for it.) I found it interesting that they never bit anything except my legs and feet. But they got me good there. I am an itchy mess. I'm taking Benadryl and am putting on anti-itch gel, but WOW.
Met a rather disobedient dog named Minnie. I was nervous when she got away from her owners and started sniffing around me. Minnie looked harmless enough but her owners scared me a bit. Fortunately I'd grabbed my car keys before going outside, so I kept them in my hand in case I needed to hit the panic button. In the end, I didn't have to. Minnie resumed obedience.
The fishing lovers get up awfully early. I watched them file in for an hour and a half, and finally, at 6:30, the signal sounded and the parade of fishing boats filed past me into the lake. Hard core, those fishers!!
I don't want to get up every day to watch a sunrise, but it was magnificent. I'd never done that before. If the mosquitoes hadn't been so attentive and if I'd thought to grab my journal, I really could have found some amazing things in there to write down. Even so, I had some sweet moments with the Lord.
Whether it's 5 a.m. or 9 p.m.....
God's work is stunning.

No comments: