I saw that Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is doing a post today on favorite verses. Not sure I have a "favorite" right now, but I do have some recurring themes...
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
I have struggled heavily this week. Cried often. Pretty much feel like an all around colossal failure. Even so, I do pray that God will find me worthy of the journey He has put me on right now and that He will fulfill what He has for me. I do want HIM to be glorified above all, even though it hurts.
The one who calls you is faithful and HE will do it. - 1 Thessalonians 5:24
Learning this one the hard way right now. I have been fired as His personal assistant. HE will do the work. I will sit. Struggling at times to see the faithfulness (which is a terrible thing to say, but it is honest, so I will say it).
Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. - Hosea 2:14-15
I have been led into the desert, and I do have to say, God has spoken...often, clearly, and tenderly. Verse 15 is yet to come...I long for it.
In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. - Isaiah 30:15.
OUCH. And yet it's the very thing I heard this week. He told me what to do and I didn't do it. Stubborn girl, I am.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. - Proverbs 3:3-4
My life verses....given to me several years ago by the Lord. I am determined, no matter how much this season of my life hurts or confuses me, to live in love and faithfulness to the Lord and to the ones I love.
4 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment