I love music. If I had it within me to be short-winded, I'd write songs. But we both know that's unlikely to ever take place. The short-winded thing, I mean.
Instead, I envy (in the nicest possible way, of course) those who do write songs - and write them well. Today when I hopped in the car to drive to work, my friend Brent's CD was in the player.
He really is my friend. Honest. (Though he may not be after this post if he sees it and finds the video I've selected to post as an accompaniment. But I think he has a lot of grace, so he might still be willing to be associated with me.)
Brent Vernon is his name and if you've never heard of him, you're missing out. I've told him before that he writes the songs I would write if I were, as previously mentioned, short-winded. He uses the best words in his songs. My favorite phrase is "the undefined periphery." I'm not even sure I know what it means, but I do love to belt that one out. It's just fun to say.
But when he's not writing things that are fun to say, he's writing things that this girl finds to be very practically profound. Today the song that played as I drove to work included these words: Whatever comes, whatever You bring to me...You're everything to me, and I can trust You, Lord, with whatever comes. I know You are holding me. Your arms are enfolding me and You are loving me through whatever comes. If you ONLY knew the battle of trust that has overtaken my heart this week, you'd know just how much I needed to hear those words today.
I tried to find a YouTube video of Brent singing that song, but I couldn't locate one. HOWEVER. In the meantime, I found this one I'd forgotten all about. You should know that Brent is also very funny...and in this video he is singing a song he did not write (but he could have if he'd have thought of it first, as Mark Lowry would say). I love this song too and needed it today. And scattered around the beauty of the song....well...some canine background vocals. Watch the video. You'll love it.
4 hours ago
1 comment:
Bekah - this dude sings great! Also has great camera "presence"! Love that song too.
Does Brent have other videos, etc?
Post a Comment