One.
Ryan and I found Natalie Raynes' YouTube channel back in the pandemic, and I know I've shared about it before, but I'm sharing it again! She is a gifted pianist and shares mini-concerts of hymns nearly every week. Her life has changed quite a lot in the last year or so. She became a mama and is expecting baby #2 now! But she still plays and takes requests, and I find her videos to be calming and worshipful. I enjoy listening to them sometimes while I get ready in the morning or if I just need to have a heart reset!
Two.
Speaking of YouTube, another channel I have latched onto in recent weeks is The Adventures of A+K. It features a young couple (and their dog!) who live in a camper van and travel all around the US (and some in Canada). I'm currently watching their recent trip to Alaska and love seeing the beautiful sights. I also learn a ton about road life from them, but even if you don't aspire to travel like they do, I think you can appreciate the beauty they share. (They do a great job with sharing footage in an interesting way.)
Three.
I've never done a book list challenge before, but I'm going to try one in 2023. I know for sure that I won't be able to read all the books on the list, because...new job, puppy mom, moving, and all the things. But I want to try as many as I can, and I want to appreciate the push to step outside my comfort zone and read books I otherwise wouldn't be willing to try. Here is the list I used to create the framework of my challenge, if you want to try something similar!
Four.
After I shared a few weeks ago about free online workouts I enjoyed, my friend Heather shared this one that her sister likes doing. Ryan and I tried some of them and really liked them, too! One of our favorite things is that the instructor doesn't talk all the way through it. It's just a music background, and that helps us concentrate. She has two 12-week free programs, and I see she has a third 12-week program starting in January! These are perfect to do at home if you don't have a great gym in town - or if you just don't have a gym membership in your budget.
Five.
I actually JUST stumbled on this one a few days ago, but I think I'm going to explore it in 2023. This blogger shares daily Bible reading (NOT reading the whole Bible in a year, but a passage for each day) and a song for each day too! If you need a little boost to your main study, this might be perfect!
Six.
Earlier this year, Ryan and I watched a season of an HGTV show that focused on old homes in America. (The oldest homes - some of the first ones built during America's earliest days.) It was fascinating to see the details and learn about why they chose some of the features they did. Old homes (for sure!) come with their own set of issues and need for improvement, but they also have amazing character. If you enjoy old homes, check out this set of the oldest homes on the market right now!
Happy New Year, friends!!







4 comments:
I love living in this part of the country bc so many homes date back FAR and are still in amazing preserved condition!
Hi, Bekah! Here is a Daily Bible podcast I highly recommend: Tara-Leigh Cobble's Bible Recap Podcast. You can read the chapters first (if you wish, which is a great idea if you can) but what I love is that Tara-Leigh does an 8-10 minute recap, a brief summary with occasional lay-person-language explanations, of the passage. It's like listening to someone telling what's happening in that section of the Bible as a part of the big story, so that as you follow along day to day, it ties it all together. Great for those new to the Bible, as well as for those very familiar! She starts tomorrow, Jan. 1, all over again with Genesis 1.
Thanks for mentioning that Bible reading plan. I might give that a go!
I subscribed to both of the YouTube channels you recommended. If you have any other favorite YouTubers, let us know!
Tamar - You are in the PERFECT place for the best historic homes!
Judy - I have heard such great things about The Bible Recap! I know many of my friends have used it! Fantastic suggestion!
Tracy - I haven't really watched a ton of YouTube (except for specific searches of things) but if I find more gems, I'll pass them along!
Post a Comment