Thursday, December 01, 2022

December Goals



Welcome, December! It is good to see you. This is always such a busy month, between our anniversary and everything Christmas. This year I'm throwing a new job in the mix, so it will be even busier! Even so, here are some of my goals for this month!

1. Buy all the gifts!
I have the cards, but not the gifts. Clearly, I need to get right on that, without delay. We're just 25 days away (and even closer for some of our Christmas gatherings). Perhaps my future-year goals should include shopping sooner. This is one thing that I just haven't gotten a great grip on since getting married. I seem to get the decorating and the card-making in on time, or even early, but gifts...I always rush for those. 

2. Begin my new job wholeheartedly.
I'm less than two weeks away from beginning my new job. I'm so very excited for it, but I'm also appropriately nervous about it! I want to give it everything I have and do well, and all of that starts on the very first day. I know there will be a significant learning curve, and I am committed to doing my best. I absolutely welcome prayers from any of you who wish to join me, because I am certain I'll be nervous at the start!

3. Figure out my Bible study plan for 2023.
2022 was devoted to the book of Genesis for me, but I still have not figured out what I should study in 2023. I presumed I should move on to Exodus, and maybe I should! But I have been praying for God to show me clearly if there is something else that I should study instead. 

4. Begin scrapbooking our 10th anniversary adventures.
I don't like to wait long to start scrapbooking our celebrations. I don't want to forget anything! I know there is SO much happening in our world right now, but scrapbooking is a wonderful way for me to rest my mind when it's overwhelmed. I want to make sure I get started as soon as I can with the book before all the best stories have left me!

5. Participate in Love INC adventures.
Ryan and I have a couple of Love INC commitments for this month - and they all happen at the beginning. I want to do my portion of those commitments well! (Can't wait to show you more about them!)

6. Make 2023 goals.
You know I'm a goal maker! I mean, obviously, since this is a whole post about goals. But even though my goals tend to be month-to-month rather than over the whole year, I want to make sure I am intentional about some goal themes for the year at large! 

So how about you? Any big dreams for December?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where will you be working?

Tamar SB said...

You have a busy month ahead!!

Bekah said...

Tamar - Yes I do!

Anonymous - I'll be working at Pathfinder Services!