Good morning, friends! I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping you're doing well. There is just so much sickness running around out there, and now the weather has kicked it up a notch just for fun! So please, friends, keep yourself well and stay safe as you travel.
I wanted to tell you today that I've officially completed my first week at my new job! I cannot tell you the number of nightmares I had (leading up to my first day) about oversleeping and missing my first day. Thankfully, both our alarms went off without a hitch, and I got up and made it to the office ahead of schedule!
I spent my week watching hours (and hours) of training videos, reading a book about grant writing, and making pages of notes of questions to explore as I learn my job in the days ahead.
The first week was exciting and intimidating all at once. It's always exciting to be in a new season and have the opportunity to be part of a work God is doing. It's exciting to think of fresh starts and new skills. But it's intimidating too! I want to do my best work and learn new skills, and those self-doubt voices can be awfully loud. Maybe you've felt that way about something too?
My new boss was so kind and encouraging throughout the week. (She and I both have miniature Bernedoodles, so we talk puppies right along with shop talk!) And I told Ryan it was so exciting when I made connections between things I learned in my reading and then saw in training modules.
I know there will be so much more to learn, and I'm sure some days will be absolutely overwhelming. But I am thankful and excited for this new season!
I know some of you were praying for me this week as I started work, so thank you for that! My words are brief today, but my heart is full. Thanks for your encouragement and support, and remember: be safe and stay well!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment