Sunday, December 04, 2022

Sunday Sentiments

 


My heart is full today. Ryan and I have had a beautiful time of respite and celebration over the last few days. Many stories are coming your way in the days to come, but for today, I want to talk about the heart.

We had some of the most beautiful talks over the last few days. Long hours in the car make for great hours of conversation. Long, slow mornings with nothing on the agenda but sunrises and coffee sipping make for great hours of conversations. Winter evenings that grow dark early make for great hours of conversation.

We spoke long and often, and straight from the soul. Sometimes we tossed around our heart-wrestlings, without a single solution being found, but we felt better just for having discussed them. Other times we made concrete dreams and goals for the near and far future. 

It was so good for our hearts. We've had so much change in the last couple of years and we have more change yet on the horizon. It's good to talk and understand how we both feel!

That was the best anniversary gift of all. I loved everything about our time away and our celebrations, but I loved just talking most of all. I loved hearing his heart and sharing mine.

It could be the best Christmas gift of all, too. How many people would love someone just to set aside time to sit and talk with them? Probably more than we realize.

Ryan and I had a chance to do a little of that on our time away, actually. We met people here and there, talked to them about their stories, and just listened to what they had to say. I have no idea how many of them have people in their everyday lives who ask questions or listen to what they have to say. (Some of them were fairly outgoing, but others weren't quite as much. 

Listening is a gift, and I'm grateful to have been able to both give and receive it this week. Maybe this is a week for all of us to take a moment to just listen! 

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

This is so beautiful Bekah! Glad you had some wonderful heart to hearts.

Tracy Gayer said...

Wonderful!