We have nearly reached the end of December and of 2022! I wanted to check in for my own accountability to see how I did on my December goals. Here's the verdict!
1. Buy all the gifts!
I had a conversation with my mom about a week and a half before Christmas. She asked if I was all ready, and I casually waved off her question with an "ehhh" and a shrug she couldn't see. "But you're always ready for Christmas!" she said. It's true. I usually am. But this year, I just couldn't get it together (kind of across the board). It especially hit the gift-giving. I think, though, I learned something about that, which might help me next year! Because my family is so scattered out, we use online shopping to ship gifts to other people close to far-away relatives so they can wrap and deliver the gifts for us. We give the kiddos in Ryan's family tickets for experiences rather than stuff. And it's all good, of course, but all those things detach me from the joy of finding and buying a gift - and wrapping it myself. I think that's what has made it so hard to feel excited about the gifts this year. Maybe I'll find a method to feel more attached to it next year. Nevertheless, I did get them purchased and distributed on time!
2. Begin my new job wholeheartedly.
The morning I began my job, I walked into the living room and explained to Ryan why every piece of my outfit was significant for the first day of my new season. I had been very intentional in every single thing I wore - clear down to the earrings. I realize the success or failure of my wardrobe has no bearing on how I do my job, but I felt it demonstrated the eagerness I had going into the first day. I've been working hard to read and learn every single thing I possibly can about the organization, this field of work, and more! I have so much to learn (like sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn) but I am giving it my whole heart and then some!
3. Figure out my Bible study plan for 2023.
I figured it out. And then I second-guessed it. And then I pressed forward. And then I doubted myself again. And then I changed my mind. (Repeat about six more times.) But I do feel confident in what I am supposed to do, and I'm looking forward to it!
4. Begin scrapbooking our 10th anniversary adventures.
Scrapbook is UNDERWAY!!! I'm only a few days in, but I'm pleased with the progress I've made, given the busyness of the season. It's been fun, in these frigid, overcast days, to relive the warm sun of Florida! I've also kept up with my other scrapbooks, so I'm happy about that.
5. Participate in Love INC adventures.
Ryan and I decorated a Christmas tree in a local contest to try to win some money for Love INC. Even though we didn't win the contest, we had a lot of fun decorating the tree - and we know it was good to have the Love INC name out there for more people to see! We also spent a morning at a local craft fair, staffing a Love INC informational table. The snack bar at the craft fair donated its proceeds from that day to Love INC, which was a much-needed blessing!
6. Make 2023 goals.
You already saw them, so you know I did them!
I've also worked hard to set up the logistics of our life for the month of January, so we can start meeting the goals we've set for that time frame. It's been fun to fill out new planner pages and think ahead to what's coming! :)
How about you? Did you do well with any December goals you made?

No comments:
Post a Comment