* Last Sunday was, as you know, my favorite day of the year. TIME CHANGE!!! So that was wonderful in every way, but what was NOT wonderful in every way was all the stormy weather we had all day! We ended up being okay here in our neck of the woods, but there were tornadoes east of us, so my fears were not entirely unfounded! Despite my tendency to hide on the couch and cry, we did go to our nephew's birthday party that night and had fun celebrating him. (We also got to see Ryan's grandpa, who turned 88 that day!)
* Monday was a work-in-the-office day for me, and here are my thoughts when my computer crashes WHILE I'm working. Rude. I also scurried to get our guest room spiffed up, because we had an actual overnight guest for two nights this week! My sister stayed here at the Shafferland B and B! And totally unrelated to that, I included quinoa with our dinner, which just cracks me up since we use it as a word to mean aura. We rarely eat it, so it's always weird when we do!
* I didn't really talk about this on the blog this week, but if you saw my Facebook or Instagram posts, you know my mom had a double knee replacement on Tuesday. Yes. Double. So I spent the day hanging out at the hospital with the fam, had my first frozen hot chocolate, and was happy to hear that the surgery went very well!
* Wednesday, my sister was still here, so she took the day shift at the hospital, and I stayed home to work. When Ryan got off work, we went over to see Mom. I'd been asked to bring some more jammie pants to the hospital, so after purchasing them (at KMart) I packed them in a Victoria's Secret bag and took them to the hospital. I crack myself up! Mom tried to pretend to be amused.
* I spent most of Thursday reading my book for the week, since I hadn't really had time to do so the rest of the week. Braeya slept while I read. She's so cute while she sleeps! We went back to the hospital that night to see Mom, and she was getting along really well!
* Friday, I got a call that Mom was being released from the hospital earlier than we thought, so I rushed over to be there for her dismissal and to drive her to the rehab hospital! We got her all settled in and are happy to have her where Ryan can keep an eye on her while he works! :)
* Ryan did not work yesterday (of all Saturdays, right?) but he did labor all day on the porch. Yes, our porch was still all ripped up, but despite a 30-some degree day, they mostly finished it! While they worked on the porch, I went to Mom's therapy session and sat with her during her lunch. Then I baked her some chocolate chip cookies! Ryan and I planned to go on a date last night, but we ran out of time (the porch thing took all day and then some) so we stayed home and just enjoyed some REST!
3 hours ago







2 comments:
Glad your mom is ok!!!
I love quinoa!
I love quinoa, too. Yesterday was soooo cold. Your mom looks great. Pretty sure I wouldn't be smiling and looking so chipper after surgery. She's a trooper :).
Post a Comment