Thursday, November 02, 2017

A Plan C Date

(Before I begin...happy 59th monthiversary, Ryan! I love you!)

This past Monday, Ryan took a vacation day so he could wrap up work on our porch project. Alas, if you heard the podcast, you know that the rotting boards and beams ended up being much worse and more numerous than originally thought, so we had to spend more money, order more supplies, and there would be no working on Monday. (Hard to install beams you don't have.)

Sooooooooo, on to plan B! If you heard the podcast, you know that the guy working on our porch invited Ryan to help him roof a house somewhere as a labor trade. He was so excited about that, because spending more on materials meant we needed to help ourselves wherever we could!

Alas, it rained Monday morning, so the guy delayed the roofing until 1 p.m. We worked around the house, and right about the time we sat down to lunch, the guy texted and said the rain hadn't let up, so the roofing could not commence. Sadness on so many levels.

We had plans at my parents' house that evening, to help them with some projects, but we had a brief window of opportunity in the afternoon, so...

...PLAN C! ROAD TRIP!
We looked AWFUL. I was on 3rd day hair and no makeup, Ryan hadn't shaved his head yet, and we didn't even care!

Because:
 What's that, you say?
Indiana has its very own IKEA now! No more traveling to Chicago or Cincinatti, unless of course, we just want to! It just opened last month (on my dad's birthday!) and we hadn't been there yet. Part of that was purposeful. I don't like to go to stores when they're brand new and crazy with crowds still. In fact, even going on this day was pushing it for me. It wasn't as calm as I would have liked. But it wasn't horrible.

This is actually the first time I have ever seen a  one story IKEA. It threw me off! But of course it's still huge, and there was plenty to see.

The worst part, for me, was the showroom area, where they have all the little rooms all set up like real houses? Those are tight spaces to get through and the crowds that day weren't very forgiving to people like yours truly. I wanted to go through at my own pace and marinate. No time. They were in a hurry.

So we had to do our pausing in the regular part of the store where items were just littered about at random.

Like chairs.

And desks! I fell in love with this one. It's a stand up/sit down desk that goes from very tall to very short with the punch of a button. And I thought, based on the name, it was meant to be.
We paused at the cafe to get a mid-afternoon snack. Chocolate cake for me, cheesecake for Ryan, AND SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO BUY ONE OF THESE COFFEE MAKERS!!!



We shopped until we ran out of time. I definitely want to go back when we have more time AND it's not so crowded!
And maybe when I'm actually put together!

It wasn't what we planned, but it sure was fun!





4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

ooo IKEA trips are always the best! I need to go to mine soon!

Heather Hoffeditz said...

Bekah, you looked beautiful! I'm glad you made the best out of a not so great day!

Anonymous said...

Yay for IKEA. You need to tell Santa about that desk ��. You always look good.
Odie

Bekah said...

Tamar - Have a wish list???

Heather - You are kind! I was just glad to have him to myself for the day!! :)

Odie - I know! I do need to tell Santa! HEY SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!