Oh my dear people. If you need us today, just knock loudly. I fear we may be in for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng nap this afternoon! :) But while we snore (and just excuse us for that) here are some peeks into our week!
* I told you last week that we got our Christmas tree on Saturday night, but alas, he was soaked from the all day rain fest on Saturday, and we thought it might not be in our best interest to laden him with electrical wires and such at that time. So after church and some rest on Sunday, we got him all gussied up! :) We so dearly love having him twinkle in the corner of the living room. He makes us happy, curved trunk and all!
* Monday was my mom's follow up appointment with her surgeon (or his assistant, rather...but we won't go into the sadness of not getting to see the actual surgeon!) so I tagged along as secretary extraordinaire. Apparently that office is usually pretty quick, but we had a two hour wait and we were all pooped when it was over! (Mom most of all!) That night, Ryan and I went on our unique U date, where we did random acts of kindness. It was fun!
* Tuesday morning I popped into Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things, and I found this sign I MUST HAVE at some point. Because, you know, it's just true. We were actually supposed to have a dinner guest that night, but she was sick and canceled. So I used my time to make cookies (which were amazing) and Ryan worked on paperwork, with Braeya's help, of course.
* Wednesday was the fun day when both my sisters arrived for Thanksgiving, and we got to surprise Mom! She was still in the rehab hospital and had NO idea either of them were in town. Surprise success! We ordered pizza and hung out with her at the hospital to eat dinner, and then we had a big old family B and B party here at our house. We worked on Thanksgiving dinner and then watched the DVR'd season premiere of Fixer Upper!
* Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving, and even though I haven't really told you about it (come back tomorrow) it was a successful day! Mom got a day pass from the hospital and showed up to a house smelling of all the goodness of Thanksgiving and we had fun here in Shafferland!
* Friday was another big day for Mom, because she actually got released to go home!! My Kansas sister was still here and took a turn staying with her at the hospital for the day, going to her therapy and such, so I got some work done at home! We packed up multiple vehicles, got Mom home, set up her Christmas tree, and then Lori stayed there and Ryan and I came home and crashed!
* Ryan had to work yesterday, so I worked at home, and then last night, we hosted a (very small) gathering of my high school game night buddies! It was a simple little gathering, but we had fun anyway. None of them had seen our new house, because we haven't hosted the last couple of rounds, so it was fun to give tours!
3 hours ago







1 comment:
Yay for mom going home!!!!!!!
Post a Comment