This weekend, Ryan's grandma hit a big milestone in her life. Ninety years! She doesn't look or act 90 years old, and it was such a joy to celebrate her life. (Bonus: she really enjoyed her party, too!)
Thought I'd show you a few pictures of her day. (Excuse the lighting in some...the party was in an old house, and the lighting was tricky. It got the best of me sometimes.)
Oh yes. She had a tiara. Full birthday princess!
Our sister-in-law, Megan, is a master cake maker. She's the whole package. The cake is delicious, the icing is delicious, and the designs are beautiful.
I should probably pause to clarify that Grandma is Ryan's dad's mom, and the Shaffer side of the family doesn't get together very often for extended family gatherings. So this really was a special event, and I still don't even know all the names of the relatives on this side of the family!
The party was a potluck lunch, and then we took some time to honor Grandma with sharing memories and singing. :)
Isn't she just the cutest?
Ryan's Grandpa died several years ago, and Grandma has since remarried. This is Grandma and Bob. (Fun fact! They were two of our wedding guests! Yes! They traveled to Florida for our wedding five years ago!)
Soaking up her party...with her tiara!
Ryan's dad and step-mom were the party hosts, and Lynn read a short biography about Grandma's life and shared some of the memories we'd written about her. (Sorry about the lighting! That window!!!)
I call this one "Waiting for Cake is Hard."
Ninety years!
They were much nicer to her than we were to my mom last year. Just two candles for Grandma to blow out. Mom had 80 actual candles. LOL!
This is one of my favorites from the day. Grandma with her daughter (Ryan's aunt).
And all the Shaffer men...Grandma with Ryan's dad and Lynn. They really did a spectacular job on the party!
So that is Ryan's Grandma and her well-deserved party! We love her and her zest for life. (Truly one of the most joyful people you'll ever meet!)


2 comments:
Wow!! She does NOT look 90!!! May she continue to live a long and healthy life!!
I was floored when I found out she was over 80 (obviously I'm throwing back to when we were first married). And she just runs around and does all kinds of stuff all the time. She's a hero!
Post a Comment