I thought I'd let you take a peek at some fun I had this past weekend with one of my friends! She had posted to Facebook about a canvas painting class that looked fun to her, and since she had a birthday coming up, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give her a birthday gift she was excited about and spend time with her all at once!
Ryan had to work, so it was the perfect time to have a friend day!!
Have you ever been to a canvas painting class before? The only one I'd ever been to was last summer when my sisters and I threw that surprise party for Mom. We hired one of my friends (who is an art teacher) to hold a private party for our crew here at our house. We set up our garage with homemade easels and had a blast painting little Christmas canvases!
But this party was at a studio, and when we arrived, we found a little table for two in the back of the room and settled in. It turned out that thirty-five women had signed up for this party! (In my opinion, that was a little too big for one teacher to handle, but we still had fun.)
They had our canvases waiting for us, along with a myriad of brushes and some paint already squeezed out on styrofoam plates. They gave us aprons and told us to go ahead and start painting our canvases black!
Our goal? To paint these cute little snowmen with mistletoe. It really was a darling painting. It was also more involved than we anticipated. (For two non-artists, anyway.)
We spent almost three hours working on our painting! I was having so much fun painting and talking, that I didn't even realize that much time had gone by!
I thought the final product was pretty cute - and even recognizable!
Ta daaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
I have to say, I think this is a pretty fun gift idea. Quality time together AND a fun project? Winner!!!
3 hours ago

2 comments:
How much fun is this! The painting looks great!
Both paintings are adorable! I don't know if there are painting classes like that here in Portugal, but I have to look it up!
:)
Post a Comment