Did you change your clocks?? Just thought I'd ask before you head out for today! HAPPY RETURN TO REGULAR TIME!!
* Last Sunday was a cold, lazy day in Shafferland. We decided on the way home from church it needed to be a pizza day, and below you see my thoughts on the pizza taking extra long when Ryan went to pick it up! You also see Ryan's thoughts on NOT having the heat on yet. We held out until November first, but we did very nearly freeze a couple of times. And Braeya's thoughts on our leftover yogurt...
* You already read about our Monday, but here's a peek at it again. Ryan had the day off work so he could finish our porch repair project, but we had to postpone that due to the extra damage we found, so we had an IKEA date instead! Yes! We got to meet our brand new Indiana IKEA! (We did make purchases, but nothing major or impulsive. Or requiring much assembly.)
* Tuesday was Halloween, so I recycled last year's "costume." Ryan did not dress up this year because we couldn't agree on a costume! LOL! This was, however, our first year to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, and we had a blast with that. (Although I did lament that the first time most of the neighborhood saw our porch up close and personal, it was a disaster.) When not entertaining candy beggars, I was busy working on some mailing projects!
* Wednesday morning, I conquered the treadmill, but the stair-stepper conquered me. My GOODNESS, that thing is intense!! I made a big pot of soup for lunch and allowed my cooking to double as a heater, since we still didn't have the heat on. (We did cave and turn it on that night.) We also caved and had a peanut buster parfait that night. I am such a sucker for ice cream. I seriously could eat it without stopping.
* Thursday was our 59th monthiversary!! You read about that day too, in all its madness. To be clear, we were not mad at each other, but the day was maddening and frustrating in a way that made for fantastic blog fodder. We celebrated with at rip to the mall to see the We Care Trees before they're auctioned off in a few days!
* I spent almost all of Friday in podcast-land! I interviewed Sarah Philpott about her book on infant loss, and then I spent the rest of the day preparing it to post online! Ryan and I did go for a super quick walk...our trees are so pretty!! (Not for long, I fear.) And the other excitement of Friday? Our oils order arrived. I do love smelling new oils.
* Yesterday Ryan had to work, so I spent the day at a painting class with my friend, Marie! She has a birthday coming up, and I knew she wanted to go to this class, so we just turned it into a gift! :) We had a fun time and I think our snowmen were almost recognizable! I had a great time with her, but I did miss Ryan, so we went out for some errands when I got home, and we got our first "red cups" of the season. (Confession: not a fan. I like them to actually be red.)
And now? If you'll excuse me, I have an extra hour of sleep to enjoy...
3 hours ago







3 comments:
The parfait sounds so good!!
I haven't needed heat yet - but have had to seal the windows up a few nights!
Tamar - I told Ryan I am actually not sure I've ever had a Peanut Buster Parfait before. I'm such a blizzard girl that I ALWAYS get that at DQ. But (at least here) the PBP is on a pretty sweet sale on Wednesdays, and cheapie that I am, I felt bad getting anything else!
Have you tried Halo Top ice cream yet? Under 400 calories for the ENTIRE pint!! We treated ourselves to a bowl when Chris picked some up at the store yesterday. He commented that he couldn't tell it wasn't the "real thing."
Post a Comment