Is it close enough to December for me to give you the official Shafferland Christmas tour? I hope so! Grab a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate - whatever your pleasure) and enjoy the view!
This is our living room tree, and it is by far the biggest one we have. It's our only live tree (and it's anchored to the wall in 3 places because it has a curved trunk and won't stand up straight) and it tells our story. The bulk of the ornaments on it are ones we have collected over the course of our five year marriage: souvenirs from our trips, an ornament to represent each year, gifted ornaments, and a tiny sliver of the trunk of each tree we've had. We fill out the tree with colored bulbs and garland. This is our only tree with colored lights, too. We love how it twinkles in the living room!
This is our bedroom tree. I love this one so much. (Waking up to a twinkling tree is my favorite!) This one is our Jesus tree. I have almost all the Adorenament sets from Ever Thine Home and love them all. We finish this one out all in gold, and it's so pretty. Plus, I just love seeing all the names as I walk through our room!
This is our kitchen tree, and I sure love it, too! It's our tall skinny tree that I'd bought years ago to fit in the living room of our Marion house. (Not a lot of room in there.) I deck this one out in red accents and fill it with all the S'more ornaments I've collected over the years. It is a perfectly themed tree for a kitchen!
This is our guest room tree, and our Thanksgiving guests reported it was a very cozy way to wake up in the morning: lights twinkling! This is just a little (crooked) tabletop tree with red and silver ornaments. Nothing fancy. But apparently cozy, nonetheless!
I wanted a little corner of mirth in our office, so I relocated our Colts tree there! (It's usually in a bathroom.) This is the only white tree I have, so it works well as a Colts tree. My sister called it the Ode to a Losing Team. LOL!
This year, I put the little ceramic tree in our bathroom. Any of you have one like this? Mom made it years ago, when I was still in elementary school, I think. This one was actually my great grandmother's tree - she had it in her nursing home room. After she died, I inherited it, because I was the only family member who didn't have one.
Here are a few other peeks at decorations around the house:
Our coffee cup Advent countdown:
Mistletoe. (This was our first Christmas purchase after we got engaged. We actually got it the day after we got engaged!)
Our joy and photo corner. Since my middle name is joy, I've collected a few things that say joy, and I put them all together in this area. I also display our official Christmas photo from each year and our Christmas cards!
Stockings hung by the fake chimney with care:
My little nativity scene. I love it so:
This is in our bedroom: My Advent Book, my grandparents' family Bible, and a ceramic Holy Family my mom painted years ago. (Quick note: I haven't mentioned my Advent book yet this year, but if you want a copy, you can order it on Amazon. It says they're sold out, but if you order, they will print and send one.)
And of course, I can't leave you without our newest sign for our home, as taken directly from the packaging:
So there you have it! A probably-not-so-quick tour of Shafferland this Christmas! Thanks for visiting our home!Merrc Yhristmas from our home to yours!
Linking up here!



10 comments:
So so so so pretty!!
That banner is a riot!!
Very festive... I love all of the trees.
Beautiful! Lots of fun work too! :)
P.S. Enjoyed the podcast as usual and just wanted to say: I LOVE your Mom's sense of humor!!! She sounds like so much fun!!
Love your trees so pretty. I'll confess we don't own a single tree
Awww thanks everyone! (Sorry I have been so bad about comments lately! It has been CRAZY around here and that seems to be the ONE thing I don't get done. I am, however, showering and brushing my teeth, so there's that.)
Anyway, thank you for the kind words!! And Becky, don't you worry a thing about it. I got you covered. You can claim one of mine!
I always enjoy your Christmas time house tours!
Delta Vines
Looks great guys.
Odie
So much christmas cheer
So festive with so many trees!! Love your cute ornaments. Thanks for linking up! :)
Post a Comment