Tomorrow is a very important day in Shafferland.
Someone has a birthday.
Hint: He's the one on the left.
Except today he looks a little more like this:
Tomorrow is Worth it Wednesday here on the blog, so I wanted to be sure to take today to wish my handsome husband a happy, happy birthday.
Ryan Shaffer, I love you. I love this life we are in the middle of creating together. I love the memories we've made along the way, and I love knowing there are many, many more memories to make in the days to come.
I love the way you put so much love and creativity into our life together. From planning our first date to planning our engagement to planning our wedding, you have shown me at every turn that you are invested in us - for always. And I love that about you.
I love the way you take care of me - in moments of my silly quirkiness. Regardless of what I might be worried about, afraid of, overwhelmed by...you are right there with such great understanding and you reassure me in ways that comfort me so much. {You know, for instance, when we're caught in a boat in a storm?}
I love the way you encourage me to do the things I don't think I can do - and you not only encourage me, but you also walk {or occasionally run} right beside me. I am braver because of you.
Much, much braver. How do you get me to do this stuff?
I loved beginning a life with you...in paradise...
And I love the everyday with you...
I love how you love sharing with me about your work - and you also love sharing mine right alongside me:
I love the way you comfort me when I'm down:
...treasure me...
...laugh with me...
...and did I mention challenge me?
You are the love of my life, and today...tomorrow...always...I celebrate YOU.
May I have this dance?
4 hours ago







6 comments:
LOVE every word you wrote!! You described someone I love with my whole heart and soul!! You described someone who has has often been my lifeline... from birth to present!! You described that life that God allowed me to give birth to knowing from the first moment I laid eyes on him that he was going to be a special man of God. You described the little boy who grew to be a man of great Faith. Although, I was willing and blessed to give him to you.......In my heart I will always be his first love because I was blessed to be his mother!!!! The love you two share makes my heart and soul very happy and sometimes......envious!! (In a good way of course!)
Happy Birthday Ryan!
I love how much you love Ryan. It comes through so clearly on your blog and inspires me to be a better wife. Thank you for your example.
yahhhh!!! i love every word of this! true love is real, and you are real my friend! love it!
I must stop by WBCL studio sometime, we must meet and hug! haha
XOXO :)
happy birthday Ryan!
Happy Birthday Ryan!
You all make both of us smile...thanks for the warm wishes for Ryan! And thanks for seeing our love. I'm certainly not a perfect wife, but I do love that man with everything in me and I love doing my best to show him that!!
Post a Comment