Tuesday, March 13, 2012

VOTE!!

Yesterday I told you what I'm learning in my God-journey. Today I need help picking an Easter dress.

I know. It's kind of an about-face. But please help????

Saturday I had my first feeling-only-semi-fat day in a while, so I figured it was as good a time as any to go shopping for an Easter dress. Easter dress-shopping is always a drama. For a couple of my all time classic adventures, read this or this.

I headed to the mall...without a girlfriend in tow to give opinions. That's where you come in.

Please note: I do not make a habit of taking pictures of myself while trying on clothing. Therefore I was most unsure of whether or not I should smile. It seemed odd to smile while alone in a dressing room. But I looked mad when I didn't, so I did. Please also note: I do not plan to wear green and white athletic socks with my Easter dress. Although I do think it adds a little something...

I know I should just number the pictures and set you free, but I am going to tell you what I did and did not like about each one, just in case you need that information to make an informed decision. Please tell me what to get! (Or if I should keep trying. Oh mercy. Please no.)

Option #1. This was actually my most favorite dress of all of them. I loved the colors and I loved the style. The unfortunate thing about this dress was...I could not get it zipped for about the last inch at the top. And I think if I got the next size up, it would be not only emotionally depressing, but just flat out too big in other areas.
Option #2. I loved this dress very much, and it fit! But I was worried it might be a little too hoochie for church? (And don't tell me to add a sweater. I AM a sweater.)


Option #3. I adored the way this one fit, even though it had a collar kind of like a Lucy Ricardo laundry dress. It did have a big fabric belt that was supposed to tie as a bow in the front but much as no dress should ever have a butt bow, this girl does not need a gut bow. I have enough gut. Let's not put a bow on it, hmmm? So I just omitted the belt. I kind of feel like this print looks like a botanical garden threw up on me. So I wasn't sure...


Option #4. I had to purchase this one because they only had 4 on the rack...this was the only one in my size...and at this store there's never a guarantee that they'll get more. Yes, I know this one looks like a paintball gun threw up. But it's kinda fun funky. The belt is a leather wrapping/weaving mess that might be smarter than I am, but I liked the look and flowy feel of the dress. And it has pockets! I love pockets! And it was a size smaller than I normally wear, so it's emotionally appealing. :) One down side - if it's a windy Easter, then HELLO dress-up day!


Option #5. Also had to purchase this one - for the same reasons listed above. This one honestly feels like jammies. The most comfortable of any of them. It's a good Easter dinner dress - you could eat for days and just keep expanding. I'm not sure it's bright enough to suit my tastes.


K y'all. Help!

15 comments:

Jenna said...

#4 was my favorite till I saw #5. I would definitely pick #5 if I were going to wear it, but get what you're most comfortable in! You don't want to spend the Easter service worried about what you're wearing because it maybe doesn't zip an inch or feels hoochie. Now I'm wondering what I'll be wearing on Easter...maybe a maternity dress even though I won't be pregnant anymore. Hahaha...

About Amy said...

I would say #4. I liked #5 but it didn't seem as bright and bold.

Julie said...

1 & 2 seem most like your Easter style & I really like them both. I don't see what's "hoochie" about #2, but Jenna's right, if you feel uncomfortable in it, it's no good. 5 is so cute! Def. isn't as bright as what you usually choose, but I like how unique it is. Personally not a fan of 3 or 4, but that might be b/c each description included vomit. ;)

Lynnette said...

Love the color of #1. And it looks lovely on you. Love the style of #5. Sophisticated, but flirty. Personally disliked both 3 and 4, but I can't get into heavy florals. So there you have it!

Unknown said...

I am trying to see why #2 would be hoochie, but #1 wouldn't. They're the same basic style. I would pick between either 1 or 2 but that's because I'm not a fan of sleeveless and a front that comes all the way to the chin.

Comfort is key, though, so if #5 is the most comfortable, then keep it!

Ali said...

My opinion, for what it's worth...which is next to nothing.
I like both #1 & #2. I don't see why #2 is hoochie, looks great to me. (And I'm a very conservative dresser, especially when it comes to church.) #3 makes me think of a grandma...makes you look much older than you are. #4 makes me think it belongs in the 80s. I wasn't a huge fan of most of the 80s styles back then, much less the comeback they're making. I think #5 washes you out and doesn't look great with your skin tone.
Ultimately, you have to go with what your comfortable in. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I made my choice before reading the comments so I wouldn't be influenced. I would say #5. And not just because it's what I would wear. It looked the most flattering to me, plus it would be good in some other situations since it wasn't so bright. If you want a pop of color (thank you, Stacey and Clinton), get some bright shoes.--Lori

Ehrin said...

I love the way #4 looks on you. I think it's adorable! Good luck -- I'm not sure all these diverse opinions are going to help all that much! ;)

Sarah Forgrave said...

#4 gets my vote! And if it's comfy, that's a win-win. :)

Bekah said...

I had a thoughtlet...I might try a Penney's in Ft Wayne to see if they have dress #1. Maybe it was the actual particular dress I tried on in Marion that didn't fit right but another one might. That could change up the whole thing!

Loved your feedback - and your processes to arrive at your choices. I'm sure you'll all be riveted for the big reveal! (HA!)

Thanks for playing along with me! (And if you are just now getting here...not too late to throw in your thoughts!)

mj in indiana said...

Hey Bekah!! It Mary Jane your new friend you met at the Home and garden show!!! How the heck are you??? I told you I read your blog everyday!! Ok my vote is for ...... NUMBER 4!!! Darling on you!! I dont like number 5 at all and 1 and 2 looks like every other dress the girls will have on. Number 4 is stunning on you!! You have my phone number still???? CALL ME!! We Must go do lunch or something!! Shopping is always good!! You are so funny!! LOVE THE SOCKS!! Put some flip flops on with those socks and you'll have the boys chasing you!! LOL!!

Bekah said...

Oh Mary Jane you make me LAUGH! :)

Thank you!!)

I will definitely call you and we will grab lunch or some other food related adventure. :) Hugs to you!

Julie said...

ps Jonathan votes 1 or 2 and Esther votes 1. :)

mj in indiana said...

bekah... its mj again. I am just nuts!! I told you the WRONG number of which dress i liked... lets start over K???? I love Number 5!! I did NOT like number 4. Do disregard my previous comment. Good heavens. ive lost my mind!! And dont forget to call me. I dont have your number!!

Malott said...

I really don't have a preference... Just wanted to let you know that I felt a little naughty looking at you in the women's dressing room.