You should be forewarned: I just took a nap. Not just any nap. One of those naps that when you awaken...you have no idea who you are or what state you live in or what year it might be. So this could be a really comical post. And by comical, of course, I mean incoherent.
One of my favorite blogs to read is My Life in Transition. I don't know Julia in real life. I found her on a blog hop, but her posts remind me, somewhat, of myself. (You know...if I were married with a toddler and a baby on the way...)
She just answered these 11 questions sent to her by someone else, and because my life is still running slow on news, I thought I'd answer them too!
1. Massage or facial? MASSAGE! Okay, truth be told, I've never had a facial. So it might not be a fair question. But words cannot express my deep adoration for massages. I become a greedy puddle of happiness when experiencing a massage. And who doesn't love being a greedy puddle of happiness?
2. The one facebook-ism that gets on your nerves (eg. cliche status updates, game requests, kissy face photos, etc). When people refer to their children by age, rather than name. "My 2.5 year old just ate vegetables." Is that what you call her? "Hey 2.5 year old! Eat your green beans!"
3. Be honest. What's your biggest insecurity? Ohhh boy. Well I've been told by multiple people that I need to not only read, but absorb Beth Moore's book So Long, Insecurity, so I'm not sure I can whittle this down to just one! Ummm...I'll stick to the physical scene and go with stomach. I HATE my stomach and am probably more self-conscious and insecure about it than anything else on me.
4. One word to describe your life AT THIS MOMENT. Limbo. That's where I'm living! Am I selling? Am I moving? Where am I moving? What church am I going to? Am I driving or flying to vacation? (You get the idea.)
5. Did you have any odd habits or preferences as a child? There isn't enough time in the day to answer that one. :) I don't remember this, but my parents said I used to fall asleep staring at the nightlight in the closet. I was (and still am) scared of the dark, so they put a tiny light bulb in the closet, and apparently they were worried I'd go blind just staring at it. They eventually put in a blue one just to help. Guess their fears were unfounded. Not only am I not blind - I'm the only person in my family who doesn't wear glasses or contacts.
6. On which side of the sink do your dishes pile up? Well in theory, none, because I have a dishwasher. But since I have the bad habit of not emptying it as soon as it's clean, they pile up on the left. That way I still have access to the garbage disposal on the right. (And by left, I mean left sink...left counter...the counter to the left of the left counter...) (Okay so it's not THAT bad. I'm not a slob, you know.)
7. What's the most embarrassing thing in your fridge right now? A pitcher of lemonade that is so old, um...I'm just going to pitch the pitcher. (HA! Pitch the pitcher.)
8. What websites and in what order do you visit them every morning? Well I start at my blog and re-read it for typos, then I read all the blog posts that are new since I went to bed. Then I check Facebook. Then Twitter. Then Pinterest. Then I start over until the last-chance minute when I have to get out of bed.
9. Did you (or do you) have a MySpace page? I did, before I joined Facebook. I wasn't on MySpace for a terribly long time and didn't have a ton of friends on there. It was my first time with social networking and truthfully it scared me.
10. Would you ever sky dive? I would love to say NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS, but I've learned that I end up doing the things I swore I never would. (Like eating spinach.) So I will stick with "It's highly unlikely." A.K.A. "only for the love of a very handsome man who heavily sedated me."
11. Post the last thing you pinned on Pinterest. I was in a mood to welcome spring:
4 hours ago

6 comments:
Ummm... What's Pinterest?
Are you serious or kidding? (THought I'd ask before I gave you the long answer.) :)
Serious.
Pinterest is kind of a cross between an online bulletin board and your "favorites" list on your computer being a public forum.
You can view Pinterest without joining, but if you join, you create "boards" (lke bulletin boards) about any old topic you like. You can make them as broad or specific as you want. Like I have them for main dishes, desserts, quotes, summer party ideas, laundry, etc. Then, either by looking at other people's boards or just by surfing the net, as you come across things you like...you "pin" them to your board.
People who have similar interests to you can follow you (like a blog or Twitter) and you can follow them, too. You can follow a person as a whole or just a specific board they have. (If you don't like all the same things...)
When you "pin" something, it puts the picture on your board, and you can write a brief description to remind yourself why you pinned it or to describe it to others. Other people can "like" your pins - like on Facebook, or they can make comments on it.
It also keeps a link back to the original source for more specific information (full recipe, directions to a craft, site to purchase a product...etc.)
Addicting but SO fun.
Thanks, Bekah! I guess I don't get out much...
Well if you get out to Pinterest....ADDICTION.....
just sayin
Post a Comment