Thursday, March 08, 2012

A Little Photo Gallery

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot to show you my newest little corner of decorating! (I know. I know! You have been sitting there saying "That Bekah. She hasn't been redecorating much lately. Something must be askew in the universe.")

So let me show you what I did (this is the makeshift version) and then I'll 'splain.
I've been wanting to do something to display some of my baptism pictures, but I didn't want to do the standard photo collage on the wall.

Fortunately, my job introduces me to some pretty crafty people who make amazing stuff.

A few weeks ago, I interviewed the talented owner of the Lone Star Accessories Etsy shop. She makes a really cool assortment of wooden photo blocks and aluminum photo blocks. People use them for everything from table numbers at a wedding to home decor...and more!

And now...I have my very own set of aluminum photo blocks. And I could not be happier. Check them out one by one:








I love them because I remember every single one of those moments. I remember what I was thinking and feeling and every time I see those pictures, I relive the moments. I thought she did a great job capturing the heart of the evening.

(If I could digress from the spirit of this post for one minute, I would like to tell you that from a business standpoint, I was incredibly impressed with her work. I sent her my photos...I actually only sent four at first and then she suggested using the word FAITH and adding a fifth photo. I appreciated her insight and willingness to offer that idea. She had the proofs to me in no time and even gave me a website to choose a different font if I didn't like the one she chose. Once I approved it, I had the finished product, well-packed, and extremely impressive in quality!)

Okay - back to what I was saying. I added one of the stones I handed out to everyone who came to the baptism...

And the stones my mentor, Lara, gave to me as a gift...to replace the ones I threw in the pond, symbolizing what I was leaving behind.

For now, I have all these things on a table in the hallway...and if I buy the house I fell in love with last week (big if!) I already know where they're going in that house!

I also had a code for a free canvas from The Canvas People...so I got this. (I actually had this before I even did the interview with the Etsy shop...this was my inspiration piece, you might say.)

And with it...my Willow Tree figure Mom and Dad gave me for my baptism. Mom thought it symbolized newfound freedom, and I totally agree.


So that's my little decorating palooza (such as it is). And if you need a good gift idea...I say RUN to either one of these shops!

No comments: