Too bad when I walked out of the building, I had to scrape a layer of snow and ice off my car. Good grief.I love Home and Garden shows, and I was scheduled to work the closing shift, so I went a little bit early so I could meander around the place. The garden room was separate from the rest of the place, so I went there first. Took this picture - which will only mean something to my Financial Aid buddies. :)
I spent a great deal of time looking longingly at the hot tubs. It is one of my life dreams to have a hot tub. (Sigh...)Then I ate my eleven dollar dinner...SIX of those dollars paying for a bottle of water and a medium Pepsi. My WORD. Concessions...not a 99 cent menu in sight.
I was very excited to find a larger than life picture of Phelps!!!
Sadly it wasn't this one:
(Who, by the way, recently got a haircut. I'm in mourning. But I digress.)
Anyway. Back to the larger than life picture.
Anyway. Back to the larger than life picture.
Yep - that was right around the corner from the station booth!Know what ELSE was around the corner from our booth?
The sugar almonds. Oh. Be. Still. My. Beating. Heart. Do you have any idea how much I adore those? So I sat there and inhaled deeply...and may or may not have drooled.This was the station booth. I thought it looked very springy and festive! (We had a lot of compliments on our flowers during my shift. I thought they were gorgeous.)
Here I am, all ready to work. You want to know what detail I did NOT think through very well? Wardrobe. What on EARTH possessed me to wear a fleece shirt to a room packed like a cattle stall? I about sweat to death for the first two hours. (Attractive, no?) Once the event began to wind down and the room emptied out, I was pleasantly comfortable.
But here was my favorite story. I was just sitting there and this very nice woman came up and said "I love your blog! I saw you sitting over here and I knew it was you!" LOL!! That's the first time that has ever happened to me! So you know what I had to do of course!
Loved my adventure at the Home and Garden show and also loved getting home without wrecking the car. (By the time I made it back to Marion, the bridges were solid ice. One even had police cars at each end, with lights on, to get people to slow down enough to make it safely across.)
6 comments:
How fun that you get to do stuff like that for work! And that is way fun about the blog visitor too!
Oh, and the Michael Phelps poster reminded me the Olympics are this summer...Yippee! :)
Oh my goodness...are you an Olympic junkie too? I need to start napping NOW because once those hit the airwaves, I will be up WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too late every night. I am SUCH a sucker!!!!
HI Bekah!!!! It was so nice to meet you in person on Sat night!! I so enjoyed talking with you! I will never forget the feeling I had when I came around the corner and saw you sitting there!! LOL!!
There was THE BEKAH from my favorite blog!!
Yea... wasnt the snow and ice delightful Sat night! Geesh! SO ready for some 70 weather!
You make me smile...I'm not sure I've ever been THE BEKAH before. (Normally when I'm all-caps anything, it's just that I'm in trouble!)
Let's bring on that 70 degree stuff. 2 weeks til spring, you know!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Loved meeting you too. You're a sweetheart!
Aww...my roomie is getting all famous now!
Sounds like fun, minus the ice scraping and driving.
Today is much better though!
Nahhhh not all famous (though it is really strange to be recognized!). Still the same dork who sleeps til noon, though! Some things never change.
How are you feeling? Miss ya!!!!
Post a Comment