My
thankfulness is divided between two things today. More than two, really, but
two that I’ll highlight…or else we’ll be here all day.
First, today is my parents’ 72nd
wedding anniversary! I haven’t known too many people (personally) who have
achieved this milestone, so I congratulate them on it! My sister is spending
time with them today, so I celebrated with them a little early. I took them
some treats and a card and we talked for a while.
Earlier this year, when Dad was
so sick and we weren’t sure he would survive his illnesses, I did not think
visiting with the two of them together for this milestone would even be
possible, so I am thankful that Ryan and I had this chance!
My second piece of thankfulness
today is for the opportunity Ryan and I have this week to spend some time in
set apart prayer. I’ve been sharing with you the ways the Lord has been
teaching and growing me in the topic of prayer, and I’m really glad to have a
break from my normal routine to sit with the Lord and just be. Yes, I’m
seeking. Yes, I’m listening. But sometimes I just am. And that’s
important.
This noisy world does not often
afford this luxury, so I’m thankful for it today.


2 comments:
Happy anniversary, Dave & Marilyn! Did you see the sign at Big Dipper? (I saw it on Facebook). Congratulations! Janice
I did see a picture of it! Julie took them there today, and they loved it!
Post a Comment