Saturday, August 22, 2026

Saturday Suggestions: Inspirations for Your Weekend

 


                Good morning, friends! I have to tell you…August has not been long on adventure until this week. We have packed a whole lot of fun into one little week – and it continues today. I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow, I promise! Meanwhile, here are some things to make you smile!

Ryan sent me this video of dogs boarding the bus for doggie daycare. Goodness, if this doesn’t put a smile on your face, I’m not sure I know how to help that happen! What fun!! (Also, I can only imagine Lexi in this mix. She would just be beside herself. As long as they don’t use windshield wipers, that is…)

If you’re not from around here, you won’t know this story, but it might make your day to see a glimpse into it. We have a teen at our church named Cooper, and he has developed the best friendship with a guy from his school – Memphis. Cooper’s mama posted this video after 4H fair week last month, and she also posted these words about it: “If you aren’t in Cooper or Memphis’s circles, you probably don’t have any clue of the time and hard work that was put in by Memphis to accomplish this goal of being strong enough to show not one, but two calves this year. Memphis spends countless hours doing therapy and getting strong enough so he can stand to show his animals. What you also don’t see is a friend who treats Memphis like a typical kid without a disability, but shows a great deal of tenderness and understanding when needed. Cooper pushes Memphis because he knows he can do it. Watching them interact and work hard is a gift. Cooper and Memphis have a bond that makes my momma heart proud…Not for any banner that they received, but for their hard work and determination, even when odds were stacked against them at times. I could go on and on about their friendship and what this fair meant to both of them, but honestly, I think the video and the song does a great job of that.” Great job, Cooper!

I was SO GOOD and didn’t post anything about Christmas back in July. But it’s August now, and I can no longer hold out. 😊 KariAnne posted this home tour back in July – just to get us all in the Christmas mood, and it totally worked. I think it’s all her blue and white. I just love a blue and white home – and season of the year, even at Christmas. Maybe especially at Christmas. If it’s too early for you, just tuck it away for later. But the planner in me urges you to begin to get in the spirit… 😊

For the last few months, I’ve been posting a joy every day on Facebook. I try to find something throughout the day that brought joy to my heart and share it, mostly to try to get other people to see things throughout their own days that bring joy to THEIR hearts. Scotty Smith’s post has a similar feel, so I wanted to share it with you. What brings you joy today?

Obviously I’m not a teacher, nor do I have kiddos, so I am not going back to school this fall, but if I needed to…Audrey has some cute ideas for back-to-school outfits! She shared this post a few weeks ago, so I don’t know if all the sales are still valid, but maybe the outfits will still inspire!

I’m really not ready for soup weather yet. I’m enjoying summer far too much. But I am saving this for when soup weather finally arrives. A tomato soup with cottage cheese (pureed, of course) in it. I love the idea of the tomato acidity cut by the creaminess of the cottage cheese – and the extra protein! I’m going to try this one! But not today.

No comments: