Sunday, August 09, 2026

Sunday Scrapbook: Moments from the Week

 


Ryan and I are not sure what happened to our week. It kind of blew up out of control and left us spinning. Most of it wasn’t bad, by any means, but it was just…whirly. So to the best of my memory, these were the highlights of this week!

As I mentioned Friday, last Sunday was our 164th monthiversary, and we had a low-key celebration that was, nonetheless, delightful. So much rest and great conversation, and right now, that’s what we have the margin for. I am always extra pumped when a celebration day falls on a weekend, because then we can enjoy allllll the time together!

I worked from the church Monday morning and then worked from home in the afternoon. Lexi was super excited to have me home and stretched out next to me and the pile-o-commentaries. I’m busy prepping for my fall Growth Group that I’m teaching (on the book of Acts) and completely lost track of time studying! All of the sudden, it was time to make dinner!

Look at our pretty girl and her new haircut!! I wanted to cry with joy because she did so well at the groomer’s. We are making progress in overcoming whatever happened to her at (a different) groomer’s a few months back. It makes me so happy to see her love where she goes and come home with a good report!

I adore this picture Ryan took of Lexi helping me with my morning Scripture writing adventures. We do this every morning, and she always snuggles right up while I write. It makes me so happy to have a picture of it! (Three cheers for a husband who documents.)


Thursday was not my finest day. It wasn’t a bad day. It just wasn’t great. I struggled to keep a joyful spirit about me but was admittedly struggling, so Ryan suggested we go for a sunset walk. It helped so much to get out of the house for a little bit and enjoy this beautiful sky! Apparently too many hours at my desk with work and homework got the best of me.

Friday evening we went out to the church to help set up for the Back2School Bash on Saturday. We worked for quite a while, then it poured, and then we worked some more. But after the rain, check out this beautiful rainbow that appeared beside us! I always miss the rainbows, so I took far too many pictures of this one.

And then yesterday was the Back2School Bash! For the last few years, I’ve been the photographer, but I really wanted to work with Ryan this year, so we joined the snow cone team! It was a lot of fun! We worked with two dear friends (I didn’t ask them if I could post the group picture – so just imagine them here!) and had the BEST morning. Also, may I highly recommend working around ice on a super hot day?

So that’s a wrap on the first week of August. I think we better hang onto our hats because the remaining weeks are likely to follow suit.

No comments: