Monday, August 17, 2026

Menu Monday: Nourishing Body and Soul

 


This week was our second week on our protein-and-veggie-heavy eating plan. We are both noticing a good change in how we feel, and that is encouraging. The week to come, we already know, is going to cause us to deviate a bit, because had some commitments on our calendar already, but that is okay! We look forward to those days too. But for now…here’s what we enjoyed this week!

Monday:  Greek Turkey Burgers and Asparagus

What We Did: I made this same recipe a few weeks ago, but this time I skipped the feta. The Greek spices were still good, and we enjoyed it. I had a bunch of asparagus in the refrigerator, so I baked it to go with the burgers.

Tuesday: Leftover Chicken and Mushrooms

What We Enjoyed: This was a recipe I’d made at the end of the previous week, but we had some leftovers, so that made for a fast dinner.

Wednesday: A Version of Ground Turkey and Green Beans

What I Did: I did notttttttttttttt want to cook this night, after a very long day of work. If ever we wanted to order a pizza, it was this day. Alas, I went home and used the leftovers of things I had in the refrigerator to make a version of the ground turkey and green bean recipe I made the previous week. I didn’t actually have any green beans, so I just subbed in zucchini and whatever else I could find on hand. It was tasty!

Thursday: Chicken Salad

What I Did: We needed to go grocery shopping, so I used everything I could find to cobble together a salad with air fried chicken!

Friday: Brisket and Sauteed Zucchini

What We Loved: We remembered we had a brisket in the freezer, and Ryan needed a break from chicken, so we made this in the slow cooker. I still had zucchini and summer squash, so I sauteed it for a side dish.

Saturday: Cheeseburger Soup and Salad

What We Loved: We had small group, and we had cheeseburger soup for dinner. It was so good, I could have easily had seconds and thirds! Ryan and I put together a salad with what we had on hand, and it turned out pretty tasty!

Sunday: Chicken and Leftover Salad

What We Did: We had some salad left from the night before, so we threw some chicken in the air fryer and had them together!


No comments: