Saturday, August 15, 2026

Saturday Suggestions: Inspiration for Your Weekend

 


Good morning, friends! It has been quite a week here – and quite a week for Indiana. While it has rained here most of the week, we are safe and dry in our home, which is not the story for many communities around us – and one of my very favorite towns in Indiana. My goodness. I can’t fathom it, even when I see the pictures.

I’m not sure how to transition from heaviness like that into fun links, so…I’ll just offer them to you here if you have time and space for them today!

I love cookies. I make good cookies. I cannot decorate a cookie (recognizably) to save my life. Maybe that’s why I found this so satisfying? Why do the professionals make the decorating look so simple? If I tried this, the icing would be everywhere, and you’d be asking me to explain the cookie to you. But she…did a magnificent job!

I was so sorry to read that Sully Sullenberger (the pilot who landed the plane on the Hudson) has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. I loved reading about his tenacity and determination, though. That miracle landing of his fascinated me back when it happened, and given that I am scared to fly, I said for a long time after that I’d be willing to fly in any plane he piloted.

Check out this adorable floating cottage in Seattle. Isn’t it THE CUTEST??? The price tag is a little lot out of our budget, but oh it’s just the cutest and sweetest little place. Ryan wasn’t wild about the kitchen floor, but I was wild about all the natural light and the cute little wrap around deck!

Sarah asks a good question in this post. How would you answer Jesus’ most personal question? It’s a humbling question to really ponder, and I think it’s worth taking a little time to do so. Don’t be afraid to let a little discomfort enter the story and be really honest about what you would say!

I have some slip-on shoes I enjoy wearing in the summer, but sometimes they hurt my feet if I try to wear them without socks. I ordered some of these and they work GREAT! They don’t slip off my feet like some of the others I’ve had in the past, and they feel good!

I always love Megan’s home decorating style, and I LOVE this feature wall she made. I love how she brought huge personality to a big wall without putting 100 things on it! I don’t have a big enough wall to do this at our house, but maybe you do! (Also, as I get older, I can’t get enough of sconces, though I own exactly ZERO of them.)

No comments: