Monday, August 03, 2026

Menu Monday: Nourishing Body and Soul

 


We tried some fun new recipes last week! Want to see??

Monday: Southwest Chicken Salad and Steamed Green Beans

What We Liked: We love experimenting with different kinds of chicken salad, and this one was a really fun take! Some corn and black beans in the mix gave it a fun flavor! We steamed green beans from our garden, and they were a tasty side dish!

Tuesday: Greek Turkey Burgers and Cucumbers

What We Liked: These turkey burgers had a lot of flavor with Greek spices and a little feta worked into them. The sauce tasted like gyro sauce and was made from Greek yogurt, so it added some protein. I had cucumbers for a side dish and used some of the sauce as a dip!

Wednesday: Leftover Greek Turkey Burgers and Cucumbers


What We Liked: This was a rough day, so leftovers were a win!

Thursday: BBQ Pork and Roasted Zucchini

What We Liked: I ALWAYS like a slow cooker recipe, and this one was so good. We used G Hughs BBQ sauce, and it was so good – and sugar free! I used garden zucchini to make the roasted zucchini and it was SO good.

Friday: BBQ Pork and Bell Pepper


What We Liked: We had leftover pork but no more zucchini, so we had bell pepper for a side. It was just as good left over! (Note: I was SO HUNGRY, I ate before I remembered to take a picture. Ryan made me this one so I’d have something for the blog. Man. If only my actual food presentation looked that good!)

Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Potatoes with Broccoli Salad



What We Liked: We hosted small group and made our favorite marinated grilled chicken. Ryan cut up some small potatoes, sprinkled cheese on them, and cooked them on the grill too. And one of the other couples brought broccoli salad. (Linked is my recipe for broccoli salad, but I did not make this one.)

Sunday: BBQ Pork and Bell Pepper

What We Liked: Remembered to take a picture this time! Last of the pork for the win – and now we have a clean fridge for a new week!

No comments: