Friday, July 19, 2024

Foodie Friday: Grilled Chicken Thighs

 


If you missed it, a couple of weeks ago, I started returning to sharing recipes on Fridays. I shared a link to my current favorite granola recipe, and then last week I shared the coleslaw recipe I recently discovered and tweaked to our tastes. This week I’m going to share another of our newly found favorites. I stumbled upon it here and made a few changes for our preferences. You’re welcome to check out the original and adhere more to it if you prefer, or you can try it like we do it!

            Fun fact: Ryan loves chicken thighs, but they tend to be a bit of a special treat around here. We usually cook our chicken recipes with breasts or tenders, but every now and then, we use thighs instead, and I love how happy it makes him! (He’s not wrong about how flavorful they are!) The original recipe calls for bone-in thighs, but we prefer boneless. They cook faster, and that matters when you’re hungry!

            Last time we made this one, we accidentally purchased bone-in, and I felt like the length of time we had to cook them actually compromised the marinade flavor. Too much of it grilled off, we thought. So we recommend boneless!

            We also skip the BBQ sauce in the original recipe. I think the marinade has enough amazing flavor that the BBQ isn’t necessary. But of course, if you want to use it, go for it!

Ingredients:

4 Pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Paprika
½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
½ Teaspoon Thyme
½ Teaspoon Oregano
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper

Thaw chicken thighs. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour into gallon bag with chicken. Rub to mix marinade into chicken. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight, flipping bag occasionally. Grill or cook in a pan on the stove until center of chicken is 160 degrees.

            The longer you marinate the meat, the more flavor it will absorb, but a few hours will be completely sufficient if you’re in a hurry!

            We served this a couple of weekends ago when my family was here, and we paired it with the homemade coleslaw I shared last week, some homemade bread with butter, and a sweet watermelon. It was a great cookout menu!

2 comments:

Becky L said...

Sounds yummy! I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes, so thank you!!

Tamar SB said...

Yum!!