This week was plot twisty. My
journal got a workout, I needed a few extra naps to clear my head, and I’m
still behind on homework. But between all the plot twists, we had some good
moments, and I’m going to focus on those (for the most part, anyway).
Last Sunday
was our summer baptism service, and it was just about the most perfect day
possible for a pond baptism. I was actually worried about the water being too
cold, because after weeks of 8000 degree heat, we ended up wearing jackets that
morning. Go figure! But the water felt SO good, and I loved hearing the
testimonies of those baptized that day!
Monday
afternoon I traveled back to Marion to speak to IWU’s Division of Modern
Language, Literature, and Communication. That was my division (though it had a
different name back in the day) when I went there, so it was a privilege to get
to return and share with the very place that shaped me so much. They were having
a training day ahead of the school year, and I went to speak on prayer! This picture
features a couple of friends I went to school with and one of my professors.
Tuesday was
a challenging day for us in the world of caregiving. This blog is such a
strange space for me sometimes, because my stories intersect with others’
stories (including my parents), and while I have nothing to hide, I want to
respect their stories. But then how do I share the realities of my day sometimes?
Enter Tuesday. It was a hard one for my heart, and by the end of the day, I
felt a little like this picture of Lexi. A thousand props to Ryan for endless
listening and mopping up some many tears.
I had so
been looking forward to Wednesday, and it did not disappoint. It was the start
of our Bible study sessions for the fall, and I’m teaching An Unexplainable
Life by Erica Wiggenhorn. It’s a study on the book of Acts, and I’m just so
excited to learn and teach this all! The first day of study-world always
requires extra setup and prep, but it was so worth it.
Ryan worked
late on Thursday to help with a fun open house at Swiss Village. I went to
visit him and see all the efforts the staff had put into this event, and it was
so fun! (It’s also like going to a real estate open house, which is still one
of my very favorite things in life.)
I worked
from home on Friday after a long week of being gone many hours, between work and
Swiss Village. I prepped messages and lesson plans and Sunday School material
and watched a webinar and finally crashed from an overly-full head. But it was
still a really good day of learning.
Last night Ryan
and I attended an appreciation dinner for the worship/tech teams at church.
Ryan is part of both of those, and I was his grateful plus-one. 😊 Julie organized the night, and it was great! Italian food and some good
conversations at our table.


No comments:
Post a Comment