Saturday, August 01, 2026

Saturday Suggestions: Inspirations for Your Weekend


Welcome to August! I posted my July photo dump to Facebook last night and was worn out by the end. What a month it was! I’m excited for August. We have some fun things planned…but in the meantime, I have some fun finds for you today!

Have you ever moved with professional movers? We have not. On our fancier days, we’ve rented a UHaul. On our regular days, we’ve had kind friends show up with pickups and trailers – and we’ve made many, many trips with our own vehicles. Maybe that is why I found Brendt’s post about utilizing a moving company so intriguing! It was interesting to read about her experience and what it’s like to have other people pack and move you!

Home should tell a story. I’m a firm believer in that. And this home tour on YouTube tells the story of Melissa Austin-Weeks’ home. I adored hearing her talk about how her husband’s English heritage and her childhood with her hospitable mom have influenced the home she has now. She’s a delight!

Over the years, I’ve read many posts about how to assemble a guest room that gives your guests everything they need. They’ve all been good and informative, but I think this one is the best I’ve ever read. She remembered tons of practical options – including phone chargers, a night light, and a sound machine. And I really like her luggage rack, which has a lower shelf for shoes. (And it’s not that expensive.) Brilliant!

I had to read Christine’s words several times, because they struck something deep within me. I wonder, quite often, if I’m longing for too much. Am I discontent? Indeed, I think there’s a possibility that I might be wrestling with contentment more often than I want to admit. It’s the by-product of living in an influencer-saturated world. But as Christine says, we actually are creatures of longing. But what is the object of our desire? Take a read (or two or three) and see if this strikes you the way it did me!

I can’t pack for CHURCH in a carry-on, but Candace managed to get an entire two-week vacation in a carry-on, and I thought her choices were adorable. I actually had a lot of fun going through her wardrobe roundup and picking similar outfits for myself (for my imaginary European vacation). Could you do it? Two weeks in a carry-on?


Three of the five houses we’ve lived in have had very small closets in the bedroom, our present house included. I’m always intrigued to see how people organize their closets to maximize their space!
KariAnne shared a closet makeover
that is brilliant, in my opinion. (Also, I’m pretty sure this exact closet existed in our Marion house! Sometimes it isn’t about gaining more actual space but being creative with the space you have. 

No comments: