It’s been
three years since our first experience with a WARM Michigan vacation. This week
I sat and looked through the scrapbook chronicling our 11th birthday
trip. It was our third time to Michigan, and we moved the vacation smack into
the middle of July, hoping for better weather than we had in Holland and
Saugatuck.
It worked.
We had such fun times on this trip
that took us to Traverse City. Here were some of the most memorable things:
We saw not one, but TWO lighthouses.
I have seen itineraries for Michigan where you circle the state and look at ALL
the lighthouses. Wouldn’t that be grand? I have also seen posts about staying in
a lighthouse overnight. Wouldn’t that be grand? Yeah, we didn’t do any of those
things. 😊 But we did enjoy viewing Little Sable Point Lighthouse (from the outside
only) and Point Betsie Lighthouse (all the way up to the tippy top!)
One of my favorite things from
this trip was visiting Chery Point Farm. We walked the lavender labyrinth,
which was BEAUTIFUL, I perused the farm owner’s novels (which are now on my 50
Before 50 list) and best of all, we stayed for the fish boil dinner. Hands
down, it was one of the most amazing, tasty food experiences we’ve ever had.
We discovered that Lake Michigan
sure can look like Caribbean water.
We climbed dunes after most
people had gone home for the day, so we had them nearly to ourselves.
We saw the world’s largest
cherry pie plate.
Ryan tackled THE dune. I stood on the overlook and prayed.
These little bite sized desserts
won the prize for cutest food we ate on that trip.
And I discovered a deep love for
pizza picnics under a tree by the water.
It was such a sweet trip and
restored our faith in Michigan weather. This was redemption after the previous
year’s overnight trip (in the rain, while I was sick) to visit the Ark Encounter!

No comments:
Post a Comment