Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday Fun: A Night at the TinCaps!

 


                This week has been so full! Lots to tell you about eventually, but for now…I’m going to start with our date night on Tuesday.

                A few weeks ago, we were invited to an appreciation night to see a baseball game! It was a TinCaps game at Parkview Field in Fort Wayne, and we had the most perfect weather night for it. With all the rain we’ve had lately, it isn’t lost on us that we were incredibly fortunate to have a dry night – and we didn’t even have stifling humidity. It was great!

                Our group met in the 400 Club, which is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyy fancier place than we would ever set foot, so I tried to get a commemorative picture. 😊

                I took this picture while we were waiting in line for food. We ended up sitting outside, but this was the sweet view from inside the club.

                They had a dinner buffet of ballpark food, so I had a burger and fruit and a little mac and cheese and apple crisp for fun! We found a table outside with a good view and settled in for the evening.

                The TinCaps played a double header that night, but we were only there for the second game against the Great Lakes Loons. We ended up not staying for the whole game (we had to leave the next morning for a retreat and still had packing to do) but the part of the game we saw was good and the TinCaps were ahead when we left!




                We even got one of the fun photos from the house photographer!

                On our way out, we had a view of the club from across the field, so I had to grab that picture!


                And then…oh boy. We had ourselves a little adventure. We wanted coffee, and we had learned that there is not a drop of coffee to be found inside Parkview Field. So we decided to go to the Starbucks that we knew wasn’t far from the field and we could walk there before it closed. Unfortunately we took the wrong gate out of the field and ended up on the farthest side of the field from the starting point we needed to be at to get to the coffee. We started walking, but I knew we either wouldn’t make it in time, or we would be walking in as it closed, which is just mean. So I told Ryan he could run and get there in time if he wanted, and I’d catch up. He took off in very fine form, and it was about two minutes ahead of me before I realized…I had not thought this through entirely.

                Ryan was, by this time, completely out of sight down the road, and I was walking alone in downtown Fort Wayne after dark. Immediate sweat-fest. It was, to be fair, very well-lit and since it was a game night, there were quite a few people walking around, so it wasn’t completely creepy. But I did speed up my walk.

                I arrived at Starbucks just as our drinks were served, and the MINUTE Ryan and I walked outside to head back, there was a full fight on the sidewalk in front of us between a couple of guys. We backed up against the building and stayed there until they broke up the fight and then we got out of there.

                The coffee was worth it, but WHEW! That was one eventful drink!

                I loved our date night. It was a lot of fun, a unique experience, and a good memory made.

No comments: