Thursday, July 09, 2026

Thankful Thursday: Our Holiday Weekend

 


We loved our holiday weekend. It was mostly spent at home, which we so needed. It kind of reminded me of our early marriage days, actually!

                Ryan made breakfast Friday morning, which is one of his favorite things to do when we have a day off at home. It’s one of my favorite things too, because he’s a really good cook!

                It has been so oppressively hot, so we decided to take a quick morning boat ride before the day got too sticky to enjoy.





                We worked on projects, which I’ll tell you more about in depth tomorrow. Ryan recovered our dining room chairs. (His skills from his mattress making days come in oh so handy.) I painted a little sign I’d purchased at the Goodwill.


                We finally had time to go to a new store in the area. It’s full of antique and vintage booths, and we had SO much fun looking around. (Had fun at the thrift store after that.)

                We took McDonald’s to my parents at Swiss Village and had dinner with them. They said it was the best meal ever!

                It finally cooled off enough to go for a walk, and Lexi was so excited about that.


                You know what I was so excited about? We still had a whole second day off!

                Ryan made breakfast again, and CHECK OUT his creativity!!!! I loved it so much.

                The day brought more walks, some scrapbooking (whilst watching the Gaither patriotic special), and a trip for groceries. We stopped for an ice cream treat on the way home, since it was a hot summer day.



                We squeezed in a golf cart ride, and we had grand plans to watch fireworks from the boat, but as you might remember, that was a fail. The show we thought was not the main show…actually was, and we missed the whole thing. I was SO sad.



                Sunday was a true day of rest (after church) and we tried to squeeze in one more boat ride before rain came. Alas, the rain (and wind!) came early, and we had quite an interesting time pulling in the boat.









                Wind landings and failed fireworks aside, it was the sweetest weekend, and I am profoundly thankful for it.

No comments: