Friday, July 03, 2026

Friday Fun: Celebrating 163 Months

 

What a hot, hot week we’ve had! It’s sort of putting a damper on any fun 4th of July outdoor activities for this girl! I told Ryan that when the air is chewable, I prefer to stay inside.

                But we did have fun celebrating 163 months of marriage yesterday! We both had work, of course (and I was trying to cram five days of work into one) – but after work, we went on a little date!

                We ventured south to the town of Winchester, Indiana. It’s famous for Wick’s Pies, which we visited a summer or two ago, but this time we went to a new-to-us restaurant called Amazing Joe’s. We’d heard good things and wanted to try it!

                Our server was new, and she was amazing. She was bubbly and excellent at her job, and we were so glad we were seated in her section!

                We both chose tenderloins. I went for grilled with sweet potato fries and Ryan had the classic breaded tenderloin with steak fries. (And we both saved half for the next day, so that means I don’t have to make lunch today!)


                We decided to celebrate the auspicious occasion by sharing a mini apple pie with ice cream. I wanted to LICK THE PLATE.



                After dinner, we drove around town for a while. I’m not sure we’ve ever just explored a town before, and it was really fun! Found some really pretty, stately homes.

                And then we stopped at the Goodwill to thrift for a while. And this was the day I learned not all Goodwills have fitting rooms. They said you have to return what doesn’t fit, but I didn’t want to drive all that way to return thrifted clothes, so I just put back everything I found.

                It was still fun to look!

                We came home, swam through some thick air for a quick walk, and then it was BACK to the air conditioning in a hurry!


                It was such a fun night. I love you, Ryan Shaffer! This life, heat wave and all, is so much more fun by your side.

No comments: