Yesterday felt
like Saturday ALL DAY, so it feels strange to be posting this roundup today.
Feels late! We had such a great day yesterday, and I’m looking forward to
today, too. Be safe in the heat, my friends!
I love a good
party theme, and in my opinion, this is a fun one: an at-home farmer’s market! You ask
your guests to bring something fun to share – like a handmade item, baked good,
or garden item, and then you set up your gathering area like a farmer’s market.
Everyone gets to take home one of the items everyone else brought. It’s kind of
like favorite-things-party-meets-farmer’s market!
You know
I’ve been hand writing the gospels this year. (Still in Mark right now.) I’m
also reading through the whole Bible. (Currently in the gospels.) But Johann Klaassen recorded a
reading of the Bible in a year to gift to his grandchildren. Those in my Ezra and Nehemiah
studies this year will attest to the fact that some chapters of the Bible are
really hard to read out loud because…names! I’m impressed that this guy was
able to plow through so many hard names in just a year’s time!
If you
like homes with secret rooms, then you should read this! The article features five houses
with secret rooms – many accessed by a bookshelf that is really a door. Those
are so cool, by the way. Ryan and I wanted to figure out how to install one in
our house, but they are a bit on the $$$$$$$$$$ side. Anyway! The houses are fun
to explore online!
As a
person who chronically struggles to believe for big things, I appreciated Scotty Smith’s words on God’s ability to do big,
impossible things. It’s not that I think He can’t. It’s that I simply fail to
ask for big, out-of-my-own-control things. If you do too, give this a read and
think on it for a while!
You
know I prefer to thrift the majority of my clothes, if I can, but I still love
reading fashion posts to get ideas, even if I’m not making a purchase new from
the stores. I’ve shared many of Audrey’s posts, because I feel like we have
similar tastes and this haul post she shared a few weeks ago had and I
really liked some of the pieces she shared. Thought I’m typically not a heavy
pattern girl, I think the striped pants were my favorite!
Obviously you wouldn’t be able to do all of these every single day (unless you did nothing else!) but it’s a fine list for working to improve your life one little item at a time. Maybe move pray up a little higher than 96, too! 😊







No comments:
Post a Comment