How in the world are we back around
to Monday again already?? Last week went so much faster than I imagined it
would. Whew! Thought I’d share with you some of the fun things we enjoyed for
dinner! I don’t think I made a single “real” recipe this week. It was all about
cobbling together what we had until we could do a proper grocery run – which we
finally did by the end of the week.
Monday: Chicken and Broccoli
What We Enjoyed: We did NOT enjoy being almost out of
groceries. The week before had made it impossible to get to the grocery store,
so this meal was a combination of what we found in the freezer. The last two
little pieces of chicken and some steamed broccoli. It wasn’t the most glamorous
meal ever, but it sure does pay to have something fast and easy in the freezer!
Tuesday: Brisket and Broccoli
What We
Loved: Speaking of
things in the freezer, I remembered we had a brisket in the deep freeze, so I
tossed it in the slow cooker – and before I knew it, the house smelled amazing.
To be fair, it smelled a little less amazing once I cooked the broccoli, but it
was a tasty meal – with leftovers!
Wednesday:
Taco Salad
What We
Loved: Still hadn’t
had time to go to the store, so we ran to the local market for some ground beef
and made taco meat. We used up some mixed greens, salsa, and cheese we had on
hand, sprinkled some chips on top, and had taco salad.
Thursday: Leftover Taco Salad
What We
Loved: Who doesn’t
love leftovers!?! I made dinner and then I made a grocery list!!!
Friday: Dairy Queen Burger
What We
Loved: We don’t do
Dairy Queen often, so this burger was a rare treat for us. Ryan was Subway-ed
out.
Saturday: Wicked Wraps
What We
Loved: We went to
the Swiss Days parade and grabbed dinner before we left. I don’t know if the
Wicked Wraps food truck was new there this year or if we just hadn’t seen it
before, but we liked it. Ryan got a chicken bacon ranch wrap (which is more
like a quesadilla) and I chose BBQ chicken. So good.
Sunday:
Taco Tots
What We
Loved: Still
finishing up the taco meat! I had a few tots under mine, and it was pretty
tasty!

No comments:
Post a Comment