Saturday, July 11, 2026

Saturday Suggestions: Inspirations for Your Weekend

 


Remember last weekend when we had a holiday? I miss that. Ha! This week hasn’t been bad at all, but it’s had some unique plot twists, that’s for sure. My brain feels a little bit like mush. I think a little scrapbooking and some Pinterest surfing might help. If you’re feeling the same, let me get you started today!

KariAnne shared this phone magnifier, and I think it is fascinating. The price isn’t bad at all, and I’m thinking about ordering one to use when I want to show my parents pictures on my phone, but this would make them so much easier for them to see! Do any of you have this (or something similar)?

While I’m not a huge sports fan, I do love a good story about sports. This piece about the student who played The Ohio State mascot for most of her college career was fascinating to me. I would never survive in a mascot suit (unless they are air conditioned, and then sign me up!) but I thought it was so much fun to read about how she kept her identity a secret!

I often share posts on here about fun home tours or design befores and afters, but today I want to share this post Susan wrote. She moved into a new home about two years ago and began a series to show the changes she’s made in that time. The thing I love about this one is that she focuses on things that usually get passed over in a renovation reveal, but they matter and make a big impact, even if they aren’t typically in the spotlight. I share it in case you have some similar things happening at your house and hadn’t considered what a huge change little things like these might make in the overall look and feel of your home!

Our Sunday School class has spent some time talking about Sabbath lately, and I stumbled upon this article one day, which I took to read and talk about in class, and it provided some interesting discussion! In general, in our fast-paced and American culture, I don’t feel like we truly grasp what Sabbath is about, nor do we often engage in it well. I think these words are thought-provoking and helpful!

Maybe it’s because I live on a lake…maybe it’s because I’ve always been a hot-blooded person…maybe it’s because I like feeling like I’m living in jammies. I’m not sure the reason behind it, but I feel like linen clothing is a win. And Audrey wrote a post about what to wear in the summer with black linen pants. I appreciate her tutorial (though to be fair, I do not own black linen pants) because I am never sure what to actually do with comfy, wide-leg pants to keep them from looking sloppy. She has great info in here if you’re exploring the world of ANY color of linen pants!

Once upon a time, Ryan told me that he felt like if you lived at the lake, you should be a painter. (You can see it, right? Out on the patio beside the lake, wearing a straw hat, sipping coffee, painting at your easel?) Our problem is…well…lack of ANY kind of talent. But I guess if you have a paint by number kit you don’t have to worry about the talent part. These are not your childhood paint by number kits. These are fancy, and there are mannnyyyyy designs. I actually had a friend who did one of these and I never would have known it was paint by number. She framed it and hung it in their house, and it was stunning.

No comments: