Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday Fun: Sunset Cruise Fun

 

                Earlier this year our church had its annual Bible Bingo night, and just like last year, I threw in a prize of a sunset cruise at the Shaffer house! Last year one of the teens in church chose it (which pretty much was the best gift ever) and she brought her family along for her evening at our house. Well…she chose it again this year! I was so happy! (A return winner is a privilege indeed!)


                About a month ago, this family brought home a sweet new puppy, and we were so excited that they brought him along! We were also hoping Lexi wouldn’t be too exuberant and scare the poor pup. In reality, both were exuberant and I think they held their own. Lexi has been rushed and scared by so many dogs in her day that she struggles when they run to her. But we worked with her and eventually she calmed down.



                We hung out on the patio for a while. Some of the kids tried their hand at paddleboarding, we ate some ice cream, and we caught up on lots of stories.

                And then it was time for the boat ride!!



                Ryan was so sweet to give all the kids a turn helping with driving. We took so many laps around the lake, and it was so fun!






                I’m so thankful for this family. They have encouraged and prayed for me so often over the last few years, and I am so glad that we get to hang out with them for sunset cruises!! 




No comments: