Sunday, July 05, 2026

Sunday Scrapbook: Moments from the Week

 


                Good news! I remembered yesterday really was Saturday and didn’t accidentally show up to church a whole day early! Ryan and I had the best weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday…hoping you did the same!

Last Sunday, as I wrote about earlier this week, was the first day of our church’s annual conference. This conference moves around the country each year, but this year it happened to be in Fort Wayne! I needed to attend one for my schooling, so this was a perfect fit. I traveled up with Jonathan and Julie Sunday afternoon, and we had a good evening together. (I realized that in this photo, Julie and I are saying cheese and Jonathan is in the background about to deliver our coffee!)

Monday I was on my own for the conference, which included navigating the parking garage on my own. (I have a crippling fear of driving in parking garages.) I attended some businesses sessions, a breakout session, and managed to find some coffee to keep me going! In full disclosure, attending a conference where you know next to no one (I knew two out of 1500 people that day) is tough for an awkward introvert. But I was SO proud of myself for powering through!

Tuesday was a long day with a breakfast before the conference, and by the time I came home that night, I ate the brisket dinner Ryan made and went straight to sleep. I don’t even know how many hours I slept on the couch, but it was glorious in every way. When I woke up, I was so happy to sit and write, read, and catch up on the many things I’d missed while I was gone. (And it was so sweet to be home with Ryan and Lexi. Rumor has it, they missed me a lot…and there was still one more day to go!)

By the time I reached Wednesday, the days had been so long that I actually thought it was Thursday! It was the final day of the conference, and I was once again in charge of my own navigation of the parking garage. I had a proper car celebration when I pulled out successfully for the last time this week! I am grateful for the on-site Starbucks that made my all-day participation in this event possible!

When the real Thursday arrived, I was so happy to get caught up on all the things I’d not had time to tend to throughout the week. I had a bunch of time-sensitive things to complete, and I did it! This was also our monthiversary, so we went on a special date that night. I already told you about that, but I’ll say again what fun it was for us to get some time away together.

Friday was our work holiday for Independence Day, and it was glorious. We were both home together all day, and I was able to make serious headway on scrapbooking and a little painting project. Ryan had time to finish recovering our dining room chairs and a little stool for my rocking chair. It was so great to cross those things off our lists! We have honestly gotten so behind on so many little things here at home, and it was grand to have a day off, at home, to do them.

Our glorious holiday extended to yesterday, which was full of much beauty, until fireworks time. Last year we went out in our boat to watch them over the lake, but when dusk came, there were no boats on the lake! We knew there was a chance of rain, so we thought maybe they had postponed or canceled the show. We went out to sit in the boat, and we could barely see a big show over the treetops. It wasn’t the normal spot for the fireworks, but apparently it WAS the show this year. We pretty much missed all of it, and I was very sad. But the rest of the great weekend made up for it!



2 comments:

Natasha said...

What a busy week. It's crazy how much things get behind at home when work takes up all of one's time. I'm glad you had a day to get some things done at the end of the week.

Bekah said...

Me too!! I can breathe more easily when not walking by unfinished projects...