Happy Saturday, friends! I have some fun (and even a funNY) find
for you today. I hope you enjoy exploring these links!
ONE.
I told you earlier this week that Ryan and I are determined to
become more intentional about our rest on Sundays. I also told you that while I
know it’s highly controversial about whether or not resting includes a break
from technology, at this point, we don’t feel a conviction to turn off screens
on Sundays. One of our favorite things is to watch funny video clips that make
us giggle. (Or Tim Hawkins sketches…though you gotta be careful about those. We
watched one where he picked on a phrase, and don’t you just know it, I heard it
IN CHURCH the next week and laughed so hard at the most inappropriate time!!) Ryan
sent me this clip a few days ago, and it made me laugh because THIS WOULD HAPPEN
TO US!!!!! This is the kind of belly-laugh rest I enjoy.
TWO.
Remember when I told you about the ultimate world cruise that
sets sail later this year? It really is fascinating to read all about it, so if
you want to learn more, you can visit this page! You can see the full
itinerary, check out a map that shows the route, and see pictures from the
ports of call along the way! And I’m curious (if you take a look at it) which
place(s) would be your favorite to see in real life!
THREE.
I haven’t tried this one yet, so I can’t vouch for how tasty it
might (or might not) be, but I found a recipe for a healthy version of Arby’sJamocha shake. I can assure you the real thing is not healthy from any angle. I
really do want to try this one so I can see if the taste even remotely
resembles the original. If you try it first, let me know!
FOUR.
This is the link to the workouts Ryan and I landed on for thisyear. I learned about them because a fashion blogger I follow on Instagram
shared at the end of 2022 that she had been doing them for a year and really
enjoyed them and had seen marked improvement in her strength. (She was thin to
start with, so she didn’t need to work out to lose weight, but she wanted to
become stronger and healthier.) As you know, I’ve been desperate to find a
workout program I actually enjoy, so we decided to go for this one. It’s free
on YouTube, and there are multiple programs. We are currently working our way
through Epic I. I love it that she doesn’t talk during the workouts and there
are preview videos during each rest to show you what move is coming next. Ryan
can use heavier weights to make his workout appropriately difficult for him, and
I can modify as needed if something is too hard for me. We can work out at home
on our own time, and we’re both already seeing slow changes!
FIVE.
Even though I don’t think I’ve found my secret gift (yet), I do
enjoy exploring different ideas. Not long ago, I watched some videos about
learning to play the harp, because that has, for many years, been a talent I
have thought I’d thoroughly enjoy. I don’t know that it’s something that I
could successfully do, but I had fun watching some of the explanation videos on
this YouTube channel – as
well as some of the clips of the YouTuber playing the harp at events. She is
quite talented! (Can we also just pause to appreciate her accent??)
SIX.
I told you about some of the fun we had on our dates this month.
Most of ours revolved around food, rather than adventure, and that’s mostly because
that’s what we had time for this month. We do love taking part in more creative
dates when we have the time and resources, and this list has several fun ideas
on it!! If you’re in a date-night rut, try looking for an idea here! (Also fun
ideas for just hanging out with friends, if that suits you better.)
Have a great week, friends!







6 comments:
You always share such great resources!
Tim Hawkins is the best!
Tamar - Thank you!
Tracy - I AGREE! (Until I start laughing in church...)
Have you seen the harpist who mashes up Carol of the Bells and Pirates of the Carribean?!?! It's AMAZING! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3-NaRhu1B8
Also, I've been so fortunate to see so much of the world but for that world cruise I would be excited about Eastern Europe (where our cruise this past summer was supposed to go), Antarctica, Japan, and some of the places in South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru), and also Greece and Turkey. I've really spent a little too much time now considering "the Ultimate Americas" cruise...
Natasha - I have not, but I will be checking it out right now! And I am loving it that you have so many places you still want to see!! Let's go!!
Post a Comment